Author Topic: New Workhop, Things to Consider  (Read 3734 times)

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Workhop, Things to Consider
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2018, 03:18:37 PM »
yup, its those superfine particles that do the damage. its the stuff you want to get out.
 good luck on your build!
i have friends here that built their own, with the plans- and it works really well.
and is an easy build

Offline klr650Teach

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2018, 05:48:03 PM »
Fujimo, as my shop is quite small I just ordered the CV06. They have a factory clearance on right now on that model as the new one for later this year will be being released they want to get rid of the current stock. I got it for 99 instead of 149. That's for the mini system. If I empty it regularly it should serve me just fine. I remember looking at these units years ago and thought then that I would buy one, but because we were moving to Mexico I never bothered figuring I'd just get one later. Thanks for the reminder!   :thumbsup:

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »
that will work great- its the shape and angle of the conical cyclone separator,  the inflow angles and outflow- are all very critical- and Bill Pentz got it perfected over the years. Thats what makes bill's system the most efficient system out there, it removes more particles than any other system.

if its smaller, like you say, just empty it more often, but essentially it will be just as efficient as the bigger ones, just less capacity.
 well done!!

ps, i think you can get the micro filters that  go on the outfeed side- that will clean the air 99.99%.
use their filters as the wrong filter will restrict the outflow of air, then the inflow is compromised accordingly.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 06:21:52 PM by fujimo »

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2018, 10:00:05 AM »
I put my dust collector in adjacent room to keep the noise and any dust that got through the filter bag out of my shop.

Offline klr650Teach

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2018, 11:40:55 AM »
I put my dust collector in adjacent room to keep the noise and any dust that got through the filter bag out of my shop.

Eric, that's a heck of an idea!  :notworthy:

Offline klr650Teach

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2018, 09:48:44 AM »
yup, its those superfine particles that do the damage. its the stuff you want to get out.
 good luck on your build!
i have friends here that built their own, with the plans- and it works really well.
and is an easy build

Fujimo, although I have already ordered my complete system I looked on their site for "plans" and used their search feature as well and nothing came up. Do you have a link for the DIY units? tnx

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »
Bill Pentz is the designer of their systems, itys on his own page.
 sorry, i should have been more specific :knothead:

he offers all kinds of plans, and i think his son does the kits as well, all precut out and marked etc, and he gives all the resources for motors , impellers etc

http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/cyclone_plan.cfm

Offline klr650Teach

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »
 :thumbsup: :shaka:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©