3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Asbell Wool  (Read 5280 times)

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Asbell Wool
« on: August 23, 2018, 07:55:31 PM »
A friend of mine is wondering about the quality and customer service of Asbell.
I told him that I have some of there things and have had no problem at all with them.
So how about you telling your experience and would like to hear any good or bad.
I have met Teresa in person and she is a pleasure to do business with.
Appreciate the replies.

It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Asbell Wool
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 08:14:28 PM »
I have several pieces of Asbell wool and like them a lot. Since it is not particularly cold in this area for most of the season, I don't wear them all that much, though. Quality is good and satisfaction is high. I bought all mine in face-to-face transactions and found both Theresa and Fred to be very amiable. I would recommend that your friend strongly consider their products.
Sam

Offline Lowcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 09:01:11 PM »
I bought an item from them a few years ago and had no problems whatsoever. I called and spoke to Mrs. Asbell who answered the phone. Placed my order and received it quickly. No complaints and loved the pullover I bought. I believe you will have to look hard to find any complaints as to the quality of their product.

On the flip side, l have seen several internet posts in the late season where people stated that they could not reach anyone there via phone call or email. General consensus is that they are super busy at that time during the peak hunting season.

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 09:36:32 PM »
I've ordered several pullovers for myself and for gifts, as well as the bed rolls. ... excellent quality and no issues with ordering online.  Great products!

Good luck, shoot straight and God bless,

Rodd
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 04:31:44 AM »
  I have several Wool products from the Asbell's and I only have had some stitching come loose on both the ends of the sleeves and where pockets attach but all in all a simple needle and thread cured that.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 07:04:25 AM »
A friend of mine is wondering about the quality and customer service of Asbell.

I have a few of their garments and am very satisfied with the quality.

Online Jim Brennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 07:26:18 AM »
I have some pullovers, vest  and a couple blankets, no problem with anything, love them all.never really needed customer service.
62" toelke whip 55#@28" 56" thunderchild 49#@28 54" shrew classic hunter 50#@28

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 10:12:14 AM »
Only have one  Asbell pullover, but I have found it to be quite versatile.  I bought it large enough so I can wear a variety of clothes under it.
I have worn a down jacket or really more of a down sweater under it and coupled with wool bibs it does pretty well.

Any colder than that and it is heater body suit time.

"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 11:36:34 AM »
I have a lot of Teresa's wool, you just can't beat it for early or late fall hunting

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Box Call 68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 12:49:28 PM »
I have the green wool asbell haversack.the times I've used it,it seems like a very well built item and holds lots of stuff.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 05:20:40 PM »
I have had nothing but great service from them and all the products I've gotten from them have been great quality. And to top it off, they have been great sponsors of Tradgang ever since we had to start taking sponsors. Great people that have done a TON of great things for Traditional  Bowhunting.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 07:32:57 PM »
The Asbell's products and service are second to none. I sold all of my King of the Mountain wool and replaced it with Asbell wool which is far more servicable in Texas and Oklahoma where I spend most of my hunting time. You should always remember that lead time is important when dealing with business's such as the Asbell's.. Don't wait tell just before or during hunting season to place an order needed immediately and don't  place your order on line. Talk to Sheila personally and she will do everything in her power to fill your order in a timely manner. If she cannot meet your needs she will tell you so.

Offline Dorado

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 09:12:48 PM »
I own a few pieces of Asbell wool and talked to Teresa on a couple occasions. Always went well and happily. I would order from her any time. Just call ahead and make sure she's available. She gets busy sometimes. She makes everything herself.
Samick Sage 35#
Bear Polar 59#@29

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 02:53:16 PM »
Like I  have said in my post I have a number of their items,  But after talking with her and her telling me that she had them right there and they would go out that week and never got any updates on when they were shipped out,  Just left me wondering why am I putting up with this.

bluewater, "Charles", Did you ever follow up to find out what happened to your order? Usually there's an explanation so you may not have had to think the worst and give a bad review on the internet.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2018, 04:04:21 PM »
Update....I just talked to Teresa, she said she shortened the bib's 2 inches per your request but she didn't ship them because  she did not receive payment information from you  :readit:....so  :dunno:

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 05:44:37 PM »
i've got a LOT of their products, never had issues with anything, everything is top shelf.  you won't be in business for long these days if you don't have both an excellent product and service.  fred and teresa have been offering wool products and many other items for a very very long time.  their products and service are still top shelf.  there are two sides to every story, and sometimes there is more to discover than meets the eye or ear.  not attaching a blame to anyone, but issues sometimes happen and good people miss the page.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2018, 06:40:10 PM »
bw47 .............

i for one clearly heard what you were saying - it was a communication and service issue that got yer dander up.  i can fully understand that.

so now you need to listen up, 'cause i'm only gonna say this once and if you have something further to say take it offline direct to me in a PM or email - [email protected] ...

trad gang does NOT allow negative public posts about ANYTHING or ANYONE - personal or business.  this is spelled out clearly in the Trad Gang User Agreement (link at the bottom of every page) that you agreed to in order to register at this forum.

i was hoping we could resolve your problem amicably within this thread but yer set in yer ways and foolishly hell bent to discredit a person and business.  your negative posts are being deleted.  check yer attitude going forward, please.

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline starshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2018, 07:50:02 PM »
I have a Hedge Apple zipper jacket and it fit me to a “T”. I talked with Teresa over the phone .She is was very friendly and helpful. I will be getting a heavier weight jacket this winter.  Love their stuff!

64” Howard Hill “Redman”  46” @26”
66” Jet Archery “Jaguar” 42#@ 26”
52” Java Man “Helms Deep”  41#@ 26”

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2018, 09:20:57 PM »
I have a vest and zip up hooded garment, Really like them both and I find the garments to be a bargain. I have had several deer observe me up close and not register alarm. I believe they can't tell what I am...Asbell's are great folks too.

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »
I have two of the jackets, one in evening stand green, which works great in the pine and oak woods where I hunt around home, and in the UP. the other is morning mist, which is great for when I'm hunting in Nebraska, it blends very well in the juniper, and prairie grass sand hills.  I also have a pathfinder in the evening stand green in a heavier weight wool for when the temps drop in the later season, all are very well made, and top quality.

Jason
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©