3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Opinions: Groundmax Predator Den  (Read 246 times)

Offline mp

• Trad Bowhunter
Opinions: Groundmax Predator Den
« on: March 26, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »
looking for an "economical" blind for turkey and elk.  Just wondering if any tradgangers have a Groundmax Predator Den from cabelas, and what you think of it.  thanks-
"let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith"
— Hebrews 12:1-2

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Opinions: Groundmax Predator Den
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 05:27:00 PM »
It seems to be good quality and I am happy with the one that I bought.

I have not hunted out of it yet but I have been shooting out of it in my basement. It is not as tall as the Double Bull blind even though it calls out the same dimensions, so you will have to put a good cant on your bow to keep the top limb from hitting the blind. There is plenty of space within the blind for canting a bow so don’t let that discourage you.

I don’t care for the bow hanger, hanging from the center of the top but, I am able to tuck it under one of the poles and get it out of the way. The best windows to shoot out of are the lower corner windows. I found the middle windows to be a little too high. When I shoot out of the middle window I only use the bottom third of the window.
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »
I have to agree with Gatekeeper. I have only shot in my basement as well. I shoot a 60" Super Kodiak and don't think I'll have any problems. Taking it turkey hunting this weekend, that will be the real test.

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »
mp, replied to your pm.

I agree with these guys.  I actually have been sitting back in one corner and using the 2 lower windows in the opposite corner.  I have plenty of room with a 60" recurve.  I can shoot a 62" longbow out of it, and though there is less room it can be done...Mike

Offline mp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
very good and appreciated info guys.  i just placed my order for one.  all my bows right now are 58 or 60 inchers.  so it sounds like i'll be alright.  i might just need a cooperative gobbler to go to the corner of the blind though  :rolleyes:  !!!  We'll see how that works out for me...

thanks
mike
"let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith"
— Hebrews 12:1-2

Offline J.T.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
I just bought one and shot out of it last weekend.  Seems to be very good quality.  I've also been shooting out of the bottom windwows. I shoot a 66" longbow and haven't had any real problems with the limbs hitting the blind.  This is my first ground bind and so far I'm likeing shooting out of it.
70" [email protected] Northern Mist Classic
70" 73@32 Northern Mist Whitbeck

Michigan Longbow association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©