3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which brand of "lumenok" fits carbon express arrows? Also, benefits of lighted nocks  (Read 487 times)

Offline Yazoo Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Few easy q's:

A) Not all lighted arrow nocks fit the Carbon Express arrow (250s for me).  Which ones do so I know to buy the right brand?

B) I should carbon express 250s.  With dark fletchings and dark wraps.  Would I benefit by using lighted nocks in the fact that I could follow the light to see exactly where my shot placement was on the animal?

C)  Can you follow these lighted nocks in daylight or do they just appear light a regular nock during daylight hours?
To become a professor, one must start as a grasshopper.

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
a) I've never bought branded lighted nocks, only made them myself, but I think the standard model (not the one for AXIS or MFX) should work.  I think the CX shaft size is 5/16", though your 250s could be different (I shoot terminators).

b) absolutely.  as long as they light up  :)

c) Yes you can absolutely see them in daylight. but they are brighter at night.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline Bert Frelink

• Trad Bowhunter
Next thing you know you guys will want to put wheels on your bows!!!!   :scared:    :scared:
Regards, Bert.   :eek:    :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:

Offline Buckeyehunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Burt coyote lumenoks should fit.  I've shot them in gold tips for 2 years and they are awesome.  However, they make no difference during daylight hours.  In fact, I've often forgot to turn them off during practice sessions.

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
Go to YouTube and do a search for lighted arrow nocks. You can get a few supplies and build them yourself.

Offline Hoytman

• Trad Bowhunter
I don't shoot Carbon Express but I believe they shoot a standard nock that fits the Easton uni-bushing.
I have used the Lumenock for 3 seasons now and Iswear by them. While you won't notice to much on a bright day, they are very visible on an overcastday or low light. It makes it very easy to find your arrow after the shot which is invaluable in helping to decide whether or not to take up the track or wait. At the price of modern carbon arrows and broadheads, it is also good insurance to locate lost arrows.
" without humor, nothing would seem funny."

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Easton has the best ones I think... :)I dont mess with them...just something else to worry about ....Im into KISS ...keep it simple stupid!  :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
I think the lighted nocks are great.Knowing where you hit and finding your arrow so you can see how the blood looks is of great benefit in recovering game.It is not to complecated to stick a nock in the end of an arrow so you are still keeping it simple. :)_

Unless in very bright sunshine you can follow the nock to the target.Would be no problem even in daylight if you hunt in the woods.The standard size fits the 250s.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
I agree James
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
Saves on arrows for sure.  Wouldn't hunt or do a 3D shoot without them.  Also you can use camo or dull fletching and not worry about bright feathers being seen in your quiver.  Have had mine for 2 full years with original batteries in a set of 3.

Offline Yazoo Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
So, how do you build your own luminated arrow nocks?  Any one know how?  let us TG'ers know.
To become a professor, one must start as a grasshopper.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
Do a search on google and you should find a video showing how to build then for standard size carbons.It is pretty simple and cost about $4 each to make.I buy then for the axis shafts.If you use Gold Tip nocks instead of easton they work better because the battery fits in them better.jmo

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
James I supose your right, I have worked in Louisiana largest bow shop , and have seen alot of these nocks just dont work...when they work I see the benifit ....marco
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
Here is a link from google with several videos on it.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=+lighted+nocks&sitesearch=

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
A)  The nock are made to fit various shafts, you will need the ones made for CX shafts.

B) C) Yes in daylight, they are great. But, there are times when they will not light up.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
I gave up on them.  Couldn't count on 'em to work.  Seems mine would only work when I was practicing.  Never worked when shot at game.  :knothead:  After losing a couple of AD arrows, with Silverflame broadheads, and the lighted nock, for a total of about $40. each I gave up on 'em.
  Good luck....

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
We have had, a rash of those things not working, and people returning them to our store.  The lumennocks, have been coming back lately, and at $10 each, I think reflective tape on the end of your nock would do much better to help you find your arrow with a flashlight.

I go along with the others keep it simple,

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
fur/feather tracers are also an option (I like feather), require no batteries, and add negligible weight.  Though not the glowing light many of you are looking for.  About as simple as it gets.  If you add a reflective wrap, I think you have a good system.  Cost is quite small compared to lighted nocks.

"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Will a homemade lighted nock change the spine of an arrow?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©