3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Weight tube trouble  (Read 215 times)

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Weight tube trouble
« on: March 26, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »
Couple problems, 1st I added my weight tubes to my 2117 and they rattle. I tried scotch tape in 3 locations (idea from 3 rivers)which is on both ends and the middle with no luck. I really like how theses fly but I cant stop the rattle.

2nd They are showing nock right a little. Do I have to bareshaft one with a weight tube in? I already bareshafted it without and had them flying like darts. I got some 5 gr washers from Black Widow I can try to beef up the front a little......But not until I fix problem #1......Help fellas  :knothead:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline DIAMONDBACK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Weight tube trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
Take your nock out,stuff tissue paper down in too the tube,put your nock back in.When I used them they didnt seem too change my spine(carbon arrows)Nock right? may have stiffened it up some.

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
Sent a pm
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline T-Bone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 10:01:00 PM »
cut them perfect to length so they wedge against the nock end and the insert and they should'nt rattle too much.  I love the 3 rivers weight tubes for aluminum shafts

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »
i put the tape in 5 places.  no rattle for me.  and like t-bone said, they so the nock is sitting right on top of them.
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©