3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A really bad day  (Read 3867 times)

pavan

Re: A really bad day
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »
Hot sun plus dry fire is what takes out many bows.  It seems that August is the month for a bow to give out more than any other month.

Offline zwickey2bl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 12:26:20 AM »
A failed bow is what got me shooting longbows. 1990, I had a Bear Takedown Hunter, brand new the year before, that delaminated on me right before the season opened. Sent back to Bear, and they made it right but I knew my bow wouldn't be back in time for the season opener, so I started looking for a bow. No "online shopping" those days, so I went to the only walk-in store I knew that had any stickbows, Ozark Arms in Searcy, Arkanasas. Found a 60# Jerry Hill longbow in there for $125 and fell in love with the longbow. Never went back to the recurve, when Bear returned it I promptly traded it for another longbow so I had a backup.

Offline the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2018, 04:41:50 PM »
Nobody wears eye protection when shooting a bow!  Well almost no one.  But i sure do--- after going through cataract surgery and a lifetime of very weak vision in one eye, i see my vision as a gift from God.  I wear my Wiley Xs when i shoot.  Any sport that involves people stumbling around 3d courses or the woods with pointy sticks warrants some precautions.
Glad you're ok.

Offline WVFarrier

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2018, 05:04:42 PM »
I ended up paying full price foe replacement limbs that Robertsons described as...."well, not very pretty"....freaking awesome
As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i shall fear no evil, for thou art with me

Offline WVFarrier

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2018, 11:35:31 AM »
UNFREAKING believeable.  Robertsons sent me replacement limbs for the wrong bow!!!!!
As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i shall fear no evil, for thou art with me

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2018, 11:39:35 AM »
 :smileystooges:

Offline WVFarrier

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2018, 07:34:15 PM »
So, after notifying them of the error, im out the shipping costs as well to return the wrong freaiing limbs they sent me.  unbelievably poor customer service

Online jrstegner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2018, 08:04:07 PM »
That is very poor, and I can't say I am surprised.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2018, 11:25:39 PM »
Wow.   That says a lot.   

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2018, 07:59:03 AM »
That sucks, but it happens.  You bought the bow new?

My one blowup was used and with a FF string with non FF limb tips.  Didn’t know the difference at the time and kablewy. Bowyer was gracious enough to sell me limbs “at cost” even though he didn’t have to.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©