3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Buying Feathers  (Read 1643 times)

Offline klr650Teach

• Trad Bowhunter
Buying Feathers
« on: September 08, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »
Hey everyone, where is the best place to buy natural feathers for fletching? IE uncut.......I would considered color dyed. tnx

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Buying Feathers
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »
Check out sagarchery.com.  Sagittarius Archery has the most uniform bases and best color saturation you will find anywhere.  Good competitive prices as well.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 12:29:18 PM »
When you say natural do you mean naturally barred or just feathers?
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 01:07:29 PM »
Seems like there is someone on here that grinds feather for feather. He may have some in the wing you want.

Online JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 01:31:31 PM »
I believe it's ecterling that grinds feathers.
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28

Offline klr650Teach

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 01:46:55 PM »

Straight off the bird (washed preferably). I don't care about what they look like so barred or unbarred makes no difference to me. As long as they will make good arrow fletchings.

I should clarify a bit here fellas, I'm trying to get back into archery after selling everything I had when we moved here to Mexico to live. Having to buy everything all at once is a big chunk of coin. I'm not prepared to spend 2-3 USD for one feather......that's just nuts. I was kinda hoping to find an off shore source for them to avoid the North American pricing so I can get up and shooting asap. I have my bow, shafts and fletching jigs so far. I'm on a tight budget here like most folks now a days. I'm all about supporting the local businesses but sometimes I just can't afford that luxury.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 01:54:17 PM by klr650Teach »

Offline eckterling

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Sponsor Classified Ad
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 06:31:39 PM »
I sell them. I have an ad on the sponsored classifieds.

Offline DoubleB20

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 11:15:36 AM »

Straight off the bird (washed preferably). I don't care about what they look like so barred or unbarred makes no difference to me. As long as they will make good arrow fletchings.

I should clarify a bit here fellas, I'm trying to get back into archery after selling everything I had when we moved here to Mexico to live. Having to buy everything all at once is a big chunk of coin. I'm not prepared to spend 2-3 USD for one feather......that's just nuts. I was kinda hoping to find an off shore source for them to avoid the North American pricing so I can get up and shooting asap. I have my bow, shafts and fletching jigs so far. I'm on a tight budget here like most folks now a days. I'm all about supporting the local businesses but sometimes I just can't afford that luxury.

I use left wing feathers, if you want a bunch of right wing feathers, PM your address and I'll send a bunch of Texas Rio primaries off to you. 

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©