3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Silvertips take down vs 1pc  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
Silvertips take down vs 1pc
« on: September 11, 2018, 06:56:45 PM »
Ok what's the difference other than being able to take down or change limbs?  Is one smoother , less weight  , noise/vibration 
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline WVFarrier

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silvertips take down vs 1pc
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 08:02:30 PM »
2 biggest advantages is that a takedown can be taken apart for easier storage or transport and if you damage a limb it can be replaced.  Ive always found one piece bows shot better when compared to their takedown counterparts but thats probably just me
As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i shall fear no evil, for thou art with me

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 08:54:36 PM »
My thoughts based on having/had several three pieces,  two piece (longbow), and one piece Shafers. The three pieces, as mentioned above,  are more versatile and the added mass weight are more accurate for most people.  The one pieces are usually a little lighter in total weight,  smoother drawing,  and for me,  just look better.  The two piece has the best of both, versatile for travel,   more weight, accurate,  smoother drawing,  and most of all they look like a bow.

Just might opinion.  :goldtooth:
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Online Matt Quick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 09:27:48 PM »
I agree with Walt. I’ve had several of both and always shot the TD better. I think the added mass weight in the TD was the reason.

Online David McLendon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 10:25:06 PM »
I used to have nothing but one piece bows, but when airlines started really gouging for baggage and size I switched to takedowns and now that's all that I own. I can pack two T/D recurves in separate bags  and be covered if one gets lost. I do like the added weight of the fast flight T/D Schafers, the Dymondwood is heavier, of course you will get that in a FF one piece as well.
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Offline McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 10:44:37 PM »
A one piece can be designed for a longer draw length on a short bow, because the risers on one piece bows are shorter than those on three piece bows.  If you care about that, you can get a two piece bow with as long a draw length as the same length one piece bow.  Some three piece bows are built with very short risers to do almost the same thing, but they can’t be built with as short a riser as a one or two piece.  I prefer longer length bows anyway, so my favorite bows are three piece takedowns, because I find them easier to shoot accurately, for the reasons mentioned.  I do have a one piece Schaffer longbow that I keep for longbow competitions that require a one piece longbow.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©