3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: MO bow season  (Read 43651 times)

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: MO bow season
« Reply #280 on: November 07, 2018, 08:35:19 PM »
Fri night ole blue blew a spark plug outside of Cuba.  While getting the truck in the shop Sat morn of course these two walked by.

When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #281 on: November 07, 2018, 08:40:42 PM »
Opps, wrong deer. These two.

When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #282 on: November 07, 2018, 08:47:22 PM »
Having problems posting the right pics. After these guys. Owned the property since spring 07 . Have never seen these guys

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #283 on: November 07, 2018, 09:18:23 PM »
Nice ones John!

No rabbit in the hat on magic Wednesday here...  I think gun is almost a week early this year, probably about Monday will be the big movement.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

arrow30

« Reply #284 on: November 07, 2018, 09:28:54 PM »
I went out after work to pull my cameras, and left this one till the last. and sat in my ridge stand till dark. had a 8 point chasing a doe behind me. when I left I pulled this camera on my way out...….DANG IT! sat in the wrong stand. he was there while I was on the ridge....my stand is 10 yards from that scrape!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 09:35:15 PM by arrow30 »

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #285 on: November 07, 2018, 09:55:22 PM »
Wonderful Wednesday here.  I had a beautiful wide as his ears 8 point walk under me at exactly 5:10 this evening.  I had wrapped my tab around the string and was about to stop him when I noticed he had broken tines on his left side.  I didn't stop him and watched the show for a few minutes.  FUN as it gets!  Let him grow another year.  I am so happy just to get that close to him and be able to watch him being a buck in the rut.  FUN!  I will get after them again tomorrow noonish.
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #286 on: November 08, 2018, 05:43:48 AM »
Last night I had a doe sneaking through and there was a small buck right behind her....and he stayed right on her until the were outta sight 100yds away.  Then a diff buck came cruising behind be with it's mouth open and tounge dragging the ground.  Heading out for a all day'er here in a bit.  Good luck boys
Tim B

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2018, 06:07:04 AM »
Tim, ya sure that wasn't Kennym cruising behind ya?

LOL

Offline JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2018, 03:50:26 PM »
Saw a real good one this morning. He was just cruising looking for a doe. I tried to call him to me, but he wasn't veering off course. There was another buck that heard my calls though. A 10 point came marching to me ready to fight. I had tension on the string at first, but decided to pass on him as he was a 3 year old and he was putting on a show for me. He was mad enough that he destroyed a sapling and had bark and shavings all over his forehead and face. It was good entertainment.
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #289 on: November 08, 2018, 04:33:59 PM »
Woke up Tuesday around midnight coughing my head off and feeling miserable. That was it. I knew it wouldn't go away in time. Now I'm at home in my easy chair still coughing and feeling like crap. Oh well, I gave it hell. Good luck everybody.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

arrow30

« Reply #290 on: November 08, 2018, 07:12:51 PM »
hope you get to fealing better Charlie,... so you can get in some rut time.

I got out of work early for a dentist appt. then headed straight for my stand.

the BIG 8 showed up 10 min before dark. BUSTED!...looked straight at me and turned around and walked away. gonna move my stand!

arrow30

« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2018, 07:21:23 PM »
seen a great big ol bobcat this eve. thought it was a coyote at first till I got a clear view. and 2 different spikes all around me then a nice young tall 8 came through pretty quick.

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2018, 07:43:56 PM »
I got this one this morning at 0830....
Been seeing him of an evening since Tues and he finally gave me a chance this morning.
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

arrow30

« Reply #293 on: November 09, 2018, 08:07:31 PM »
nice one,  :thumbsup: congratts! ...with snow on the ground too..BONUS.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #294 on: November 09, 2018, 08:11:21 PM »
Good job Rodd !!! I had to work today , dang work is a 4 letter word!!  By tonite, it was very windy and cold. But I have gun tags so if it looks decent sometime tomorrow, I'll be out there with my longbow!! :thumbsup:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #295 on: November 10, 2018, 05:22:52 AM »
Congrats oldskool!!
I hunted all day yesterday and saw 4 bucks and 5 doe.  No real rut activity going on for some reason.
Tim B

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2018, 05:46:26 AM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bigsmyl:

Offline JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2018, 05:51:52 AM »
Congrats oldskool! I had a good encounter yesterday morning with a decent 8 that got a free pass. Saw several does and fawns too. I saw a big boy yesterday evening, but he wasn't going to leave a doe and I couldn't get to them. He ended up bedding in a field and staying with 3 does all evening. My guess is that one is on the verge of coming into heat and he is gonna be there to take care of business. I can't hunt again til Tuesday due to work. Good luck to everybody out this weekend.
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28

Offline rappstar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2018, 08:58:15 PM »
Congrats Oldschool!

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2018, 09:05:44 PM »
10 degrees this morning at 5:00 so I opted to work in the shop.

Tonite I went to the lease and sat a thick spot , can't see far but hoped it would be a good one. Had a decent 8 at 30 , then a doe at 6 . Hoping she would drag something by and she idled out to 15 eating dry oak leaves???

Then she looked north for a moment , I thought-  I bet she hears something.  She turned south and messed a bit more, then galloped out thru my best shoot lane and across the open field. Hmmmm… Then I hear grunting and a buck from the north shows up. Yep that's what she was hearing...

He comes up the where she turned an I was thinkin yes -- trail her up thru my lane

Nope, wasn't what he was looking for and he turned away still behing brush at 15 yards and went west out of site.  I would have taken him for a truck ride had I had a chance...

Great hunt! :bigsmyl:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©