3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: MO bow season  (Read 43702 times)

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: MO bow season
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2018, 04:37:26 PM »
Yes, some small bucks are trying to chase does but the does are havin none of it yet . We don’t need the meat and I will have plenty of time later I hope!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2018, 06:24:59 PM »
Cool picture Kenny..
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2018, 08:35:37 PM »
Well, I let an arrow loose tonight. I shot a coyote at about 10 yards this evening. I heard him crashing around, but couldn't ever find him. Blood was almost nonexistent, and it was dark, so I'll have to go back in the morning to see if I can recover it. He was one of 5 coyotes that I watched this evening. Saw 7 deer and 40 something turkeys, but the coyote was the only thing that came close.
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28

Offline Bvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2018, 09:09:25 PM »
Rodd, do you have more pics?  Those look like the same deer to me :dunno:
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2018, 06:28:13 AM »
I agree that's the same deer old'school.  He's a dandy too. 
Good luck finding that yote jake!
Tim B

Offline JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2018, 04:14:00 PM »
I never did find the coyote I shot. I know it has to be dead though. My arrow went through both shoulders and he was crashing around pretty hard when he went out of sight. He ran over to the neighbors though, and I'm not gonna go tromp around on their property and mess up any of their hunting. So this evening I'm set up on the ground with my ghillie suit on, hoping for turkeys. Hopefully all the gobblers show up the same as they did yesterday.

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2018, 06:17:15 PM »
Bvas, that's the only pics that I have of bucks of any size..... locations of the cameras are better than a mile apart..... he must be wandering around!
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2018, 06:19:12 PM »
I looked at it again and think you're right. ... that left beam is pretty distinctive. ..
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: October 23, 2018, 06:51:39 PM »
I put my son in my favorite stand last week and took to the ground myself. Before the boy got there I did a little investigative scouting of an area I was suspicious of. A tree seat and ghillie were uniform of the day.  Didn't see a thing until about 9 a.m.  A crash right behind me made me jerk my head a little in time to see the white flag of a little doe no more than a few yards behind me.

She ran straight away for 20 yards and then made a hard right turn. In another 20 yds. she turned hard right again and passed me at about 10 yds. at the speed of light... ok, maybe a little less.  Anyway she ran down the drainage about 40 yds and was out of sight.

I was sitting there thinking how cool that had been when I heard a commotion down where I'd seen her last. All of a sudden I saw here flash across the drainage and out of sight once more. What craziness! Once again I heard crashing and here she came straight at me passing by no more than 5 ft. away and off behind me. What craziness!w

Well it seems she wasn't done as she came racing back in my direction and right by just as close as the last time. Once again she was out of sight just down the drainage. I can't say I've ever experienced anything like it. 3 times she'd raced by. But wait!! m
Just when I thought the show was over I spotted movement where she had been last and the sound of crunching leaves. Here she came just as close and just as fast as before. This time she came to a halt under the branches of a cedar tree I had trimmed and stood looking back in my direction.

I didn't know what to expect at this point but she finally "slowly" eased off into the brush. It was a most entertaining morning.

Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2018, 07:02:28 PM »
Charlie, ya gotta stop eating those wild fermented grapes like the turkey and grouse do:)

:laughing:

Offline Bvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2018, 07:22:29 PM »
This one might be a different one...
Yep. I’d say that’s a different one.
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2018, 10:34:20 PM »
Not much happened where I was tonite , 3 does, little 8 and an ugly racked buck bout ear width with 1” points off main on left and 3” off main on right side.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: October 24, 2018, 06:17:22 AM »
Man that moon is bright. 
Seen a couple spikes a doe and some turkeys last night....
Tim B

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: October 24, 2018, 06:20:27 AM »
Didn't those cows tell ya that deer don't come out till after dark with a full moon?

:laughing:

Offline JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: October 24, 2018, 07:40:59 AM »
I had a slow evening yesterday. I ended up seeing 2 little bucks and a few does and fawns. My wife on the other hand, ended up seeing 5 different shooter bucks. She said each one of them had a single mature doe with them. So this evening we are gonna go see if we can get on them. Crazy that all those bucks were all out on the field at the same time.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2018, 07:48:59 AM »
Jake, a guy on my lease had 9 bucks yesterday morn and not a doe. You guys think rut is gonna be early?
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Offline JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: October 24, 2018, 09:00:19 AM »
I wonder if it will be a little early. Seems like these are the first cool temps we have had this time of year in awhile. Maybe it's just cool enough that the bucks are on their feet more. At that river farm, it seems like that last week of October can be fantastic for big buck sightings and encounters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©