3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good luck NY Bowhunters!  (Read 17898 times)

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good luck NY Bowhunters!
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2018, 09:10:56 PM »
Great shot on that buck Kopper, tell him congrats from all us NY Trad men.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2018, 10:16:17 PM »
Tell your brother congratulations Kopper   :campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2018, 10:32:32 PM »
Congratulations everyone!
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2018, 06:58:49 AM »
Good to see some people connecting. I finally saw some movement on sunday. Had a bunch of doe in front of me with a small spike horn. A second buck came in and started running the does around. Never got a good look at the second buck but things are starting to ramp up. These next couple of weeks will be good. Good luck out there.
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.”   M.P.

Offline Bobaru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2018, 11:45:29 AM »
Kopper -  Can't get over that mountain man!!!  Where'd you find him?   Hahah...  Congrats to Ben!!!!!  See what happens when we all the geezers get together for Sunday morning Bloody Mary's.  The youngen's get the bucks!!!
Bob

"A man has to control himself before he can control his bow." Jay Massey

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2018, 02:35:06 PM »
Congrats to Ben
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Kopper1013

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2018, 03:14:03 PM »
Thanks everyone I’ll pass it on

Bob seems you need to still add you picture :saywhat:
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2018, 06:52:07 PM »
congrats :clapper:
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

huntryx

« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2018, 09:13:25 AM »
Still waiting for some decent action-- windy and wet mostly.....

Offline swampbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2018, 02:35:52 PM »
 Three of the last 4 times out (morning/eve and morning/ eve) I've seen good bucks but just couldn't get a shot. I had one come in ,big 8pt , about 2 minutes after I broke a branch so I could climb higher . I was facing the wrong way and by the time I got turned he was in the thicker stuff. I think he was checking out the noise. If I had been ready and seen him coming I would have had a 12yd shot.I pulled a camera card this morning and had a bunch of activity . I want to see this one...

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2018, 09:26:35 PM »
 I love October... Its probably my favorite but come on sweet November :deadhorse:  :help:  :deadhorse:
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

huntryx

« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2018, 09:06:37 AM »
Saw a nice one nose to the ground and focused! Ran right by as I was walking my dogs (of course I wasn't in the right place at the right time with a bow.....) :tongue:

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2018, 10:31:16 PM »
I think I have a better chance of seeing a catfish from my stand than a whitetail buck.

A week ago our Airedale was in the front yard jumping back from something on the ground.  I checked it out and he had a crayfish successfully defending itself.  We are at 1,800 feet and five miles from a river!  I have seen a second one since then in the grass and a third one dead on the road.

I think the deer all drowned.  Haven't seen hide nor hair in the woods.  Rain, rain, rain.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

huntryx

« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2018, 06:30:34 AM »
Stumpkiller-- I hear you-- weather is really windy and just plain wet here, and next week calls for the same. Try to be out every minute I can, but I draw the line at thunderstorms in a tree! :scared:

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2018, 11:46:11 PM »
I had to work until 6:30PM tonight and coming home I had to stop three times on my stretch of road for deer crossing the road.  One would have been a 10 point but one side was broken off; but even missing half of one side he was splendid.  Stood in the headlights and let me gawk for some time.  He was 5 miles from my house/hunting area.  They were moving tonight. 

Because I had to be at work.   :banghead:

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Kopper1013

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2018, 09:30:58 PM »
What an outstanding weekend!!!

Saturday: I put my father in the hottest stand we have on a property I joined last year. I got the text at 7:30 he had hit a buck!
My dad had been trying for roughly three years to get his first trad bow kill. Up until April he had been shooting a old bear recurve he had gotten when he was 16. In April I built him a longbow and he has been dedicated to her.
We me being the awful son I am I made him wait an hour and a half before letting him track. His arrow entrance was high but perfect center of rib cage. The arrow never exited instead broke off and punched holes in everything as he ran. The blood trail was virtually non existent with the high entrance and rain but boy did that string tracker work beautifully he only went about 120yrds before piling up. I was so excited for him but also bumming a little as I had blown some opportunities early in the season and we (myself, brother and father) have never tripled during bow season let alone with trad gear. Plus I wast seeing much.

Sunday:
This morning it all came together for me! I had been looking around when I spotted a big six who had snuck in on me. He stopped at about 15yards and began to make a scrape something I’ve never got to witness! After a couple minutes he began his journey again and as he walked under some limbs I found my anchor. I was in the process of pulling through my shot waiting for my clicker and he was cruising through my lane quicker than anticipated as his shoulder started to disappear behind a tree there was a click and the shot was off. The arrow looked great and he took off. As he disappeared over a ridge the string tracker took off on his down hill run then stopped. I started fist pumping in the stand then the string started out again this time way faster!! My heart sank as it seem to never stop! Finally it came to a stop and never moved again...did it break? Is he dead, did he bed? Was the shot to far back?...I gave myself an hour and a half and was pretty worried. It was definitely a dead deer some time so I decided I’d check the sign and determine my next move. The first 40 yards revealed very little blood but no sign of guts as I got to the ridge he went down I caught my first good blood I could see easily the mess he made push down the hill so I decided to push on a little further at the bottom of the hill I found my arrow lodged in a pine tree, now he was taking double line :bigsmyl: I looked up and could see blood and his trail pretty clear 15 yards ahead I started feelinmuch better! I kept tracking and the blood only got better and soon I came upon him. I had double lunged him square on one bottom of the other and he still went roughly 160+yards.

So this year is the first year we have all killed with a bow, let alone all killed bucks! Not only that but my brother and father got their first trad kills.

I’d love to post pictures but it keeps telling me they’re to big and I don’t know how to size them down. Best of luck guys I think it’s just starting to get going!
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2018, 09:47:04 PM »
Good work all around!  Great that everyone could share in the hunt and success.   :clapper:

huntryx

« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2018, 06:44:12 AM »
Yes congrats. Weather here (Southern Tier) has undone me this year, and another warm, windy and wet week ahead. Least sightings I have had in years........will keep at it, though. 2 more weeks until the guns start, crossguns started last Saturday.....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©