3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arkansas Bear  (Read 7023 times)

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arkansas Bear
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2018, 04:28:04 PM »
I was beat to the punch but I’d say your wife sent that bear to you. She’s proud of you like she always has been.
Sorry for your loss. Congrats on the bear brother!!
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 57lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 52lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 53lbs
62” Robertson Fatal Styx 47lbs
64” Toelke Whip 52lbs
58” Black Widow PSA 64lbs
62” Black Widow PSA 54lbs
60” Bighorn Grand Slam 60lbs
60” Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs painted black. My uncles bow. He may be gone but his spirit isn’t. Bow will hunt again
52” Bear Kodiak Magnum 50lbs

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2018, 09:02:31 PM »
Congratulations Mike, beautiful bear.  I am very sorry for your loss.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2018, 02:04:29 AM »
Love bear hunting , well done sir , very sorry also....

,,Sam,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2018, 11:22:29 AM »
I lost my wife Paula to cancer in the spring of 2009. As a solo hunter, I did not want to hunt alone in the fall that year, so I booked a bear hunt with a fly-in outfitter in Manitoba. After building a recurve bow during the summer, I went north to hunt.  So I too took a bear that season after experiencing such a great loss. Well done Mike, and prayers sent for you and your family. Mike

Offline Mike Yancey

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2018, 12:29:38 PM »
I lost my wife Paula to cancer in the spring of 2009. As a solo hunter, I did not want to hunt alone in the fall that year, so I booked a bear hunt with a fly-in outfitter in Manitoba. After building a recurve bow during the summer, I went north to hunt.  So I too took a bear that season after experiencing such a great loss. Well done Mike, and prayers sent for you and your family. Mike

Thank you Mike and I have often thought of you during this loss and how it feels to loose someone. I canceled one trip this fall but have a mountain lion hunt booked in February and going back to Africa in the summer. Right now I don't see much enjoyment in anything.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2018, 11:08:18 PM »
I don't know how one gets past this without faith in God. After losing Paula, I often find myself trying to live for two. I try to take in all that this life has to offer. My wife used to go to Florida on vacation with her sisters while I stayed home with our five kids. A few years ago I went down there and walked the beach she walked, sat on the fishing pier where she sat, and went into the pool and laid on the deck deck where she sun bathed etc. My eyes have also seen great vistas in Alaska, Utah, Montana, and Colorado with the feel of her by my side, even though she would never have been there in life. Bottom line, I feel like she is with me on every hunt, and beside me at every dinner table where wild game is served that fell to my arrows. Peace, Mike   

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2018, 11:15:37 PM »

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2018, 01:41:34 AM »
Congrats on the bear.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©