3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Yet another footing question!  (Read 247 times)

Offline dead-eye

• Trad Bowhunter
Yet another footing question!
« on: March 27, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »
I'm going to try and set up some axis 300's with 2018's as the footing.  Currently, I like to try and set things up so the back of the broadead just touches my finger.  For you guys that have done this before, could I end up with some wierd arrow flight if continue doing this?  I'm concerned that as I draw the arrow onto the shelf, it will rise up a little as the footing makes contact with the shaft, and maybe lead to some problems.  My other option is to leave the arrow longer, and just draw until the footing contacts my finger.  Any comments?

Thanks,

dead-eye

Online Bowsey Wails

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Timmy P
Re: Yet another footing question!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »
I would think that if the 18 thousandths did make a difference (riding up on the shelf), it could be compensated for by raising the nock slightly. Just an opinion, since I havn't experimented myself.
Tim
"I use no device to direct my arrow towards its mark, save my eyes and my will." Anthony Camera, aka Viper.
I'm not old school, I'm one room school house.

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Yet another footing question!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bowsey Wails:
I would think that if the 18 thousandths did make a difference (riding up on the shelf), it could be compensated for by raising the nock slightly. Just an opinion, since I havn't experimented myself.
Tim
Heck, I would think that if it made a difference, you should be in the Olympics...
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©