3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why do we look?  (Read 908 times)

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why do we look?
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 01:14:00 AM »
Why do we look?

Just in case... Just In Case!!!

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 05:48:00 AM »
I've been lucky several times and able to buy something only minutes after it was posted.  You have to be quick!  If you have ever typed "I'll take it" without seeing any photos, or having any correspondence at all, you my be an addict.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline threeundr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 07:10:00 AM »
We are just searching for that one special bow that will fit us like a glove. But when we find it were not convinced that this is the one because we know that there is another one out there that will fit us even better!! LOL!!  :rolleyes:  Sure is lots of fun though is'nt it.   :thumbsup:  

-Leonard-
-Leonard-

Offline KPaul

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 08:07:00 AM »
If your wife does weekly bow counts to monitor your activity,you may be a bow addict.
If your basement is filled with empty shipping boxes ,you may be a bow addict.
If your email box is filled with UPS tracking #'s....well
TGMM Family of the Bow

Men occasionally stumble over the truth,but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Offline Ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »
Life is short,enjoy it while were here.
 I have a handle on my addiction,but do have my weak moments.Now if I can just find that Saluki or RER IN the right lenght and poundage all will be well in the world.

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »
I realized that they are all beautiful. And I can't own them all. But, the ones I do have are more than aesthetically beautiful they carry within them a lifetime and years of memories. And that makes them even more special than the ones I don't own.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »
I have a Sentman Razorback being made as we speak, should be here mid April....
    And Killy calm down EF said he did not intend to offend any of the ladys here, So you not included, your one of the guys....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Mike Burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
I know exactly what you mean!

I've slowed down considerably in the last few months, but I feel the bug biting again.   :knothead:    :D  

I'm constantly wanting to try something I've never shot before. I guess I need to go to one of the big traditional shoots, but I'm afaid I'll have to get a second morgage after I leave.

Mike

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »
A new bow, well its just plain MAGIC!
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »
I cured my addiction (temporarily) after developing shoulder problems, now I look and plan on which bows I will need after it gets better.  Most likely the new ones will be either lower poundage or left handed.  For all you addicts, keep your eyes open, there might be a few more bows appearing at your favorite location.

Tim, I wondering how you were doing, good to see you back.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 12:40:00 PM »
BECAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!!!!!!!   :bigsmyl:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 08:29:00 PM »
Well, I think this pretty much sum's it up;

Blacktail Elite TD 62",55@28". Bacote/cocobola riser, bamboo/cocobola wedge/red elm veneer limbs. I had a Blacktail TD a few years back and foolishly let it go. It was one of those bows that I regreted selling/trading off. This particular TD is a great find for me. And guess where I found it? You got it, the classified section. This is one sweet bow that will keep a spot on my rack and I won't repeat the same mistake again!

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline sendero25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »
I just finished painting my new bow rack today with antique paint. When I got it finished to bring in the house I told my wife : "Look babe, there is going to be an empty peg, that won't look right on the wall". She didn't say alot except "maybe you can hang a flyrod on it".
Not a chance, Black Widow is getting an order form VERY soon for a new longbow. I told her I needed it,my newest bow (Tomahawk Diamond Desert Fox)is already 3 weeks old!
Yes, I am a bowaholic and have only given up on compounds since last August and the new Black Widow will be trad bow #4.
HELP!
"I'm not very smart but I can lift heavy things"

"I'm not as smart as I look"

quotes by my good friend Clay Miller from Valentine, TX

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
Just sold a Cheyenne...just ordered a Foley...and thinking about selling a Fedora and a Foley...  I keep telling myself I have found the best bow for me in the Foley's but those Silvertips just draw so smooth...   :jumper:
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline Bowtie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
As I type this, I look out of the corner of my eye at 6 beautiful bows hanging on the wall.  I'm happy, don't need anymore.  Heck, I can only shoot one at a time anyway....... But, guess what? I'll check out the classifieds after I leave PowWow.  lol
The work praises the man.

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
I try to sell at least one for every 2 that I buy and never have more than 6 (preferably 4-5). Still waiting for my new Rose Oak, have a thermal for sale in the classifieds, and planning on ordering a Foley or an Assenheimer in the next few weeks.
BD

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2008, 07:26:00 AM »
Just picked up a 1 piece Border XP 10 carbon in the classifieds, can't say I could be happier. Am shooting its first 3d in about 45 minutes. I now have 2 recurves and 2 hybrids, and three that I keep for others to try if they show interest in stick bows. Am I addicted-you betcha!!
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2008, 07:52:00 AM »
That makes two Borders, right, Tom?
I gotta sell some of these...

There are so many I haven't tried!  :archer:  
Killdeer~soon to be Caretaker of The Magic Bow!  :)   :D    :jumper:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2008, 08:08:00 AM »
the way I see it is we have two separate addictions going on here...those that buy AND sell, thus doing their part to support the economy....and those that only buy and then horde them all for themselves!!

Killy did I just read that you're going to sell me your Morrison riser??  :bigsmyl:

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2008, 08:19:00 AM »
Well here's my problem..The wife says I'm an extremist because of my zodiac sign[scorpio]. Everything that I do I do to the MAX. That included drinking up to a year and a half ago. So when it comes to bows I look at a Pretty one and say to myself Self you gotta' shoot one of them.So if I'm fortunate enough the bowyer has a try before you buy bow or you have a Bud willing to send you one to try.Most times I order an in stock bow the bowyer has kickin' around. If I like it I keep it. Or I sell it and order another one similar with my "specs" . The classifieds are a killer too. Look at a bow and buy it, try it sell it, order another AHHH. The way I look at it is this... As long as I don't take any Bucks away from he family funds, between the little bit of scrap money and the amount I get for the old bow I just sold it's still a lot cheaper than all the money I spent on drinkin' and have nothing to show for.Plus I'm sort of gettin' a bow education. I haven't reached the plateau of some with the real high priced ones yet. That will come when the kids are done with college.I guess I have that blue collar worker attitude I would rather at this time have a couple of decent 500-600 dollar ones than one real fancy special expensive one. I'd probably be afraid to take her out in the woods anyway.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©