3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carbons- non linear effects on dynamic spine; shaft length vs point weight?  (Read 3174 times)

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Seems to make perfect sense to me, but then I never tune via length.  All my shafts are cut the same and I use point weight and side plate to do my tuning.  Makes for a consistent sight picture.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
BAK- the footing gives you another tuning option while not changing the overall length of the arrow should you wish not to. change the footing length to vary dynamic spine instead of shaft length.
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
.......and if the footing is long enough that it gets drawn onto the shelf, it's like building out the side plate because the difference in arrow diameter pushes the arrow further outside center.
Thick fog slowly lifts
Food for soul and body.

Online Cari-bow

• Trad Bowhunter
Ozy is right the footing changed my impact. That's why I change things now so my subconscious can make the adjustments long before hunting season. In realty I've already adjusted but the reinforcement  over the next months will help.
Any ideas for the durability testing?

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tried the footings in length years back but didn't like the feel of the transition from shaft to footing.  No doubt it will increase dynamic spine though.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
you don't like the feel of the footing being drawn onto the shelf? i know what you mean. when i glue the footing i make a 'ramp' at the rear about 1/4" long to create a smooth transition. makes it better for pulling out of targets too.
Thick fog slowly lifts
Food for soul and body.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©