3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great Plains Model B one piece  (Read 2878 times)

Offline ssoden

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great Plains Model B one piece
« on: November 07, 2018, 05:36:17 PM »
Looking into trying a 60" great plains B one piece.. I have a 30 1/2 draw … Let me know your thoughts on the model B one piece...

Thanks for your help,
Steve
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:00:40 PM by ssoden »

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Plains Model B one piece
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 08:51:52 PM »
My 1st bow was a G.P Kiowa which I believe is the same bow as the Model B.Just more basic woods and brown glass.That was a long time ago.I did like the bow a lot and drew it 30 inches.It had very good all around performance.Easy to point with its forward grip and deflexed riser.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 05:12:32 AM »
I used to have one that was the "Rio Bravo" and it was Bocote with Osage orange . It was very well built and I only drew to 28" but was capable to go 30" with no issues. I also had a B model take down made with Hondorus  Rosewood and birds eye maple and had script "To Thine Own Self Be True"! I had it made when I gave up the bottle 19 years ago this past Oct.31st.Traded both those bows but just to try something different was all. That one was 50# and smooth drawing as well.Good bows back then .

Offline ssoden

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 08:23:51 AM »
Thank you so much for your info .. very helpful.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 09:32:35 AM »
I have shot a couple of them, I draw 29+. No problem with stacking and they were very fast for the weight. Good fit and finish. I had a SR Swift for a bit.......great bow.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online stevem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 11:46:43 AM »
I also had a Kiowa.  Shot real nice.  I only draw 27".  Not sure I would recommend it for a 30.5" draw as the limbs seemed to preload from the get-go. 
"What was big was not the fish, but the chance.  What was full was not the creel, but the memory" - Aldo Leopold   "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"- Will Rogers

Offline ssoden

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 12:31:46 PM »
SteveM … looking at the limb profile I thought he same .. the bow is rated for 30" but it would seem anything beyond that would be stressing the bow. Really like the looks of the bow!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©