3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Had a talk with Mr. Toelke  (Read 8093 times)

Online the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Had a talk with Mr. Toelke
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2018, 07:33:40 PM »
Shot this buck this year with my 40# Pika and a cedar arrow.
No doubt about it--- Toelke bows are the bestest.

Offline Modad2010

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2018, 10:02:12 PM »
Rifleman, that is one big bodied deer. I requested that mine have a draw weight of 40# @ my 26 1/2" draw length. From what I've heard Dan does an exceptional job of getting the draw weights to within about 1/2 +/- of the requested weight. I'm getting more eager as the days go by.
You can fix stupid.......but it's gonna hurt!

Offline Modad2010

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 10:18:14 PM »
Austin Brown, what kind of broadhead did you pop that buck with? Looks as though it created some massive blood loss!

Offline Austin Brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2018, 11:27:31 PM »
Austin Brown, what kind of broadhead did you pop that buck with? Looks as though it created some massive blood loss!
Zwickey Delta 2 blade.  I have had really good luck with the Zwickey or Tusker Delta style heads.  Pretty easy trailing with all the deer I have shot with those heads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Joshua 24:15
As for me and my house,we will serve the Lord.

Offline bloodtrailin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2018, 11:32:31 PM »
One more my Whip terminated from earlier this season......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline speedbump

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2018, 08:41:42 AM »
Hey Guys just read thru this thread. Now Im fired up. I want to order one but cant decide between pika or whip (takedown) Anyone shot both and what are your thoughts. Thanks....Cant wait to see your new bow!
TGMM family of the bow

Green Mountain Longbow-Morrison Arapaho, Groves

Online the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2018, 08:42:33 AM »
Thanks!  I was really impressed with how the little bow performed on this size deer.  That sounds like a great poundage for whitetails.  I think that if shooting carbon a long 600 w some weight up front or a 700 will work.
PM me if you want to talk more about arrows that might work.

Offline bloodtrailin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2018, 09:56:53 AM »
I've never owned a Pika. But have had 2 whips including the one I have now. Due to their light mass weight and slim limb tips some say they feel like a toy in the hand. I tend to appreciate that, especially after your shoot one and it hits like a jack hammer yet is so quite and draws/ shoots so smooth. I ordered my first whip after talking to Dan on the phone having never having shot one. Something I never do till Dan put his mojo on me. I was powerless, LOL! A few critters and hours upon hours of pleasured shooting later I'm glad I did. And after shooting my best deer to date on a hard quartering shot, the arrow entering behind the last rib in the liver and exiting between the front legs ending up 3" in the dirt I'm more pleased with them than ever.... keep us informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Modad2010

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2018, 04:45:04 PM »
Speedbump, call Dan and talk to him about what kind of hunting/shooting you do, draw length, draw weight and such. He will steer you to what you need. No one know Dan's bows better than Dan.

Rifleman, I asked Dan about arrow suggestions when I ordered my Pika. Dan told me that he has bunches of arrows and bare shafts that he tests the bows with. He recommended a Beman Centershot 600, cut to 28 in, 75 gr. brass insert and a 150 gr. point. I punched these numbers into the 3 Rivers arrow spine calculator and the bow spine and arrow spine numbers matched on the nose. Dan is a guy who really know his product and it's capabilities. Like I said before - I'm getting more excited every day. :thumbsup:

Online the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2018, 09:53:17 PM »
I agree, Dan is very knowledgeable.  He has always given me great advice and Toelke bows are the best out there.  You're really gonna love the new bow!

Offline flightmedic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2018, 09:24:01 AM »
don't forget the Toelke troll, haven't shot my Striker bows since I got my troll! :notworthy:
Toelke ( Troll)

Striker bow (stinger)

Compton Member
PBS MEMBER
"In the wind he is still alive Fred Bear "

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2018, 10:21:38 PM »
what are the mass weights on his bows? Anyone have any ideas, just curious from the comments and what I have read before in other posts. Anything they are compared to weight wise? Thanks ahead
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2018, 11:08:36 PM »
The bows are very light in mass weight, and that's usually the first thing that strikes me when I pick one up. Some like a bowbolt, or some micarta in the riser, to add  weight there. I haven't shot any of that sort myself.
The bows are well mannered enough to be very quiet and stable, as light as they are, and I really like the featherweight feel and slim tips; they're part how nice it feels on the shot... for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©