3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Had a good walk  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
Had a good walk
« on: November 15, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »
Decided to get out pig hunting today and figured I’d ask my wife if she wanted to tag along. While she grew up hunting with her dad, she’s not the most woodsy in her adult years, and with the cold and rain we’ve been having, I figured she'd say no, so I was pretty surprised when she agreed to go. The area on the Alabama side of post along the river that I planned on hunting was being used by trainees, so I had to improvise and cross the road going the opposite way and hope for the best. As I suspected there wasn’t a lot of pig sign, but the volume of deer traffic all through it makes it likely that its a very good deer patch, I suspect at the evening times. I actually got more focused on following the deer sign and forgot the pigs for a while, which is just as well - the deer trails were in open pines and I was grateful enough that my wife came, I didn’t want to push it by stomping through the creek beds and vines. She surprised me when she started getting into it and pointing out some sign (not much mind you, my eagle eye catches most, haha). In the end we were wet and cold and didn’t see anything, but still had lots of fun.
On a seperate note, went down to the Hannahatchee WMA in Georgia last weekend. Took a breather in the middle of a swamp under a Holly tree and had the largest public land buck I’ve personally seen on the hoof walk up. It was one of those times you’re almost so shocked at your luck that you get caught with your pants down. At about 25 yards the gig was up. He still wasn’t sure so he gave a couple stomps and turned and ran off. He did stop running after about 75 yards so I don’t think he was all too scared. The pig sign was incredible but alas I always seemed to be 2 steps behind. Being that it was a new area to me I likely didnt push things as hard as I could have. Had lots of good walking in, and at one point walked by what I thought was a sleeping hog on the edge of some water. I was pretty sure it was dead, but I bounced a blunt off it to be sure. Largest hybrid I’ve seen in a long time. No clue what did him in, but the coyotes and other pigs hadnt touched him and he was already a couple days gone. Ah well, both were good trips all the same.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 07:53:42 AM by Cavscout9753 »
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Had a good walk
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 09:04:02 PM »
Sounds like you had a good day with the missus...good on ya!

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 09:07:28 PM »
If I figure the picture thing out ill try and get some pictures up.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 06:52:36 AM »
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 06:53:58 AM »
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 06:57:21 AM »
So I guess the iphone pics themselves are too rich for the server, but if I screen shot them it saves them as a lower quality image and I can insert them. Im nearly positive this has been covered before, but just in case anyone has been stumped.

Side note* This area on Benning was only open for archery concurrent with training so no blaze orange is required in the area, yes I do follow all laws, but I don’t wear orange if I dont need to aside from a panel on my pack. Gun areas are different story but I haven’t hunted in a gun area in years.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 07:04:40 AM by Cavscout9753 »
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 07:29:35 AM »
Cell phones take humongous size pictures.

Go into the camera settings and choose a much smaller picture size.

Also in this link pictures and cell phones are explained.

http://www.tradgang.com/tgsmf/index.php?topic=160865.0

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 07:52:09 AM »
Cell phones take humongous size pictures.

Go into the camera settings and choose a much smaller picture size.

Also in this link pictures and cell phones are explained.

http://www.tradgang.com/tgsmf/index.php?topic=160865.0

Thanks Roy, I knew it was discussed before, I just didn’t bother trying to find the link. I got it all sorted out now though. Hope it didn’t come across as complaining, I wasn’t - I knew 2 things: 1) its easier to post pics on the new format, and 2) it was clearly spelled out somewhere and I was to tired and lazy to dig it up, haha. I appreciate the help and also all yall do to keep tradgang THE best archery forum on the internet.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©