3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SHREW HAVEN 2018  (Read 12496 times)

Offline kenneth butler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SHREW HAVEN 2018
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2018, 05:08:54 PM »
Great story.Great camp. What a wonderful group of folks enjoying the outdoors. It doesn't get any better. >>>----> Ken

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2018, 09:13:10 AM »
 :campfire: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: Thanks again

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2018, 09:29:35 AM »
One of the best places in the world to spend time in the fall
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2018, 10:33:57 AM »
I thought I would post a picture from the past. This was from a late December hunt at ShrewHaven. The people are Yooper friends that came out for dinner one night. Since it was the Christmas season Nancy (Red Bird) sitting on the right at the back had cut a small tree and decorated it with cutouts for the dinner table that evening. That was her last time at ShrewHaven, she really enjoyed it there.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2018, 01:08:37 AM »
The back deck

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2018, 07:17:11 PM »
I always enjoy the posts and the stories about Shrew Haven.  I miss the north woods dearly, I haven't been since Dad passed in 2015, and my brother and I left some of his ashes in one of his favorite spots.  We both want to make the trip again, but just wont be the same without him.  Ron, the picture of your wife Nancy brings tears to my eyes, and chokes me up, knowing through your post how much you and she loved your little place that God created for you.

Jason
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2018, 11:21:36 PM »
I really enjoy these threads Ron...thanks for sharing and taking us on the journey

Offline jimmytidmore

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2018, 08:19:17 AM »
I’m new to traditional bowhunting and to TradGang, but I really enjoyed reading through this. Sounds like you have a special place and some special friends, Ron. Thanks so much for sharing. Grace and peace to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline swampwalker

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2018, 09:08:02 AM »
Thanks for the trips Ron. Now and then. Pretty cool. Really miss those who've passed.

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2018, 10:37:17 AM »
This is always a special thread.  Love the pictures and Ron, I truly enjoy your poetry and the warm feelings that your words call forth.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©