3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 4 arrows at 40 yards  (Read 1368 times)

Offline X2

• Trad Bowhunter
4 arrows at 40 yards
« on: November 24, 2018, 01:54:43 PM »
The weather let up today so I got outside and did a little more center shot tuning.  I installed a new strike plate bolt and needed to fine tune.  After a couple adjustments, I was able to get it dialed in. 

I start by bare shaft tuning to get everything flying good.  Then I shoot at 20 and make slight adjustments to my center shot and nock point.  Then I go back to 40 yards (which is my point on), and I make small adjustments to bring the arrows on center.  Then I go back and make sure my bare shafts are still flying good.

I use a hybrid style of aiming.  I look at what I want to hit out to 30-35 yardes, then I start using the tip of the arrow for reference.  40 is my point on.  If I do my part it works out pretty well. 

Support your local clubs.

Lifetime member of Idaho Traditional Bowhuters.

Lifetime member of Idaho State bowhuters

Offline X2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 4 arrows at 40 yards
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 01:58:36 PM »
Feel free to share what works for you. 

Offline kenneth butler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 04:52:19 PM »
Good to see a man that understands tuning. Nice shooting. >>>-----> Ken

Macatawa

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 04:58:04 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wavey:

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 06:14:41 PM »
nice shootin :clapper:
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Online buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 06:27:53 PM »
Robert, I aim almost the exact same way as you. Out to about 15 to 20 yards I'm shooting almost entirely instinctive and focusing on form, between 20 and 30 I'm using the point to some reference while trying to gap and concentrate on the spot still, at about 35 I'm point on and then anything after 35 I'm using the point and stacking higher than where I'm aiming. I have a difficult time with anything past 40 and won't shoot that far at game. Seems like after 40 my arrow is dropping so much that I feel like a medieval archer launching an arrow off the top of a castle with my bow pointed at a 45 degree angle towards the target. But you're right the aiming system is great as long as we hold up our end of the deal.  :archer2:

Offline X2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 09:47:39 PM »
Robert, I aim almost the exact same way as you. Out to about 15 to 20 yards I'm shooting almost entirely instinctive and focusing on form, between 20 and 30 I'm using the point to some reference while trying to gap and concentrate on the spot still, at about 35 I'm point on and then anything after 35 I'm using the point and stacking higher than where I'm aiming. I have a difficult time with anything past 40 and won't shoot that far at game. Seems like after 40 my arrow is dropping so much that I feel like a medieval archer launching an arrow off the top of a castle with my bow pointed at a 45 degree angle towards the target. But you're right the aiming system is great as long as we hold up our end of the deal.  :archer2:

40 yards is my point on, and that is about as far as I will shoot at game.  After that my arrow really starts to drop off.  At 60 yards I have to hold the tip of the arrow 6 feet above what I want to hit. 

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©