3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Predator recurves?  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
Predator recurves?
« on: November 24, 2018, 09:01:22 PM »
Whats everyones opinion on the plf series recurves from predator? Ive got an oppprtunity to trade for one. Its just the base model, no fancy woods or anything but figure i might as well get something I'll use out of the deal.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 04:53:22 PM by Hoosierarcher88 »
Northern mist Shelton 66" 53# @ 28"

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Predator recurves?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 09:20:18 PM »
Design and craftsman ship seems perfect. Zero stack. Smooth draw. I could not shoot consistently with it. I tried two of them. Just could not get a tune that I liked and finally sold them. I figured it's because I'm a shitty shooter! I really wanted to like those bows.
Tedd

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 04:58:45 PM »
Well i picked up the predator. Its the hunter dx riser with the carbon foam pro limbs. First impression was u couldnt believe how heavy it is for a wood riser which should make it very stable. The grip is contoured very smooth and isnt big and chunky like some i had heard about. I havent done any tuning yet but shot a few shots with various spines, length and tip weight and found a few combos that it seems to like. Really vibe free on the shot and actually pretty quiet for a recurve. Just sitting in my hand it tips back pretty quick but when shooting i dont seem to notice it. Ill update with a more in depth review and pictures later once ive gotten time to play with it some more but for now im saying its pretty nice.

Offline BRONZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 06:51:51 PM »
Looking forward to the review...
"He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze."
2 Samuel 22:35

Wheatland Christian Bowhunters--Chairman

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 09:10:13 PM »
I have "more" than one and love them. I like the bigger grips and the heavier handles. They are fast, smooth, and dead in the hand. I find myself using them more than my Bear T/D's...and for me, that's saying something.

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 01:21:07 AM »
To be honest the draw doesnt feel any harder than my cheap bear sonoma even though its 12# more. It actually feels like it smooths out on the back end where the bear you can feel stack. Its by far the quietest recurve ive shot. Not sure if the foam core with carbon core lam is what smooths it out but im liking it so far.

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 09:26:10 PM »
I set up some wood arrows today to try out of it. Probably will shoot a few shots in the morning to see how she likes them.

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 05:49:42 PM »
Finally a few pictures. I was trying out some woods and although they grouped really good, i was aiming at the right side of the target to hit centered.

Offline MMW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 06:08:29 PM »

To be honest the draw doesnt feel any harder than my cheap bear sonoma even though its 12# more. It actually feels like it smooths out on the back end where the bear you can feel stack. Its by far the quietest recurve ive shot. Not sure if the foam core with carbon core lam is what smooths it out but im liking it so far.

I have a question. You said in your comment "where you can feel stack". What is it that one would be feeling when it is stacking? This would be educational for me.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 06:15:28 PM »

I have a question. You said in your comment "where you can feel stack". What is it that one would be feeling when it is stacking? This would be educational for me.

Thanks.

stack meaning the increase in draw weight according to draw length rapidly climbs. Like for example from about 20"-26" it might gain 3# per every inch of draw, from 26-28 it might gain 4# per inch,28-29 gains 5# etc. This is an extreme example but you get the idea

Offline MMW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 06:26:52 PM »

Thanks.

stack meaning the increase in draw weight according to draw length rapidly climbs. Like for example from about 20"-26" it might gain 3# per every inch of draw, from 26-28 it might gain 4# per inch,28-29 gains 5# etc. This is an extreme example but you get the idea
Thanks for the info. Just the amount of resistance building up.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 06:39:14 PM »
What you feel when you hit the stack wall is the end of the engineered bend in the limb (spring).  After that point you are bending things not designed to bend.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©