3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Late season Jacket  (Read 3644 times)

Online imbowhunt10

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Late season Jacket
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2018, 05:45:58 PM »
The cold came in early in NW Ohio this year. I have been wearing my wooltimate jacket and pants with layering underneath, that I bought new at the end of last years hunt. I wish I would have had it many years ago. The wind does not go through it, and it is nice and warm. Have any of you had the berber fleece from Cabelas? I am thinking that may be a good option when it is not quite as cold as it is now. I also love the outfitter camo in the tree stand, I don't think you will get skylined as quick this time of year.
Never measure the mountain until you have reached the top, then you will see how low it is.

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, 06:07:28 PM »
I have the cabbalas berber. It is very heavy in physical weight and also extremely warm and blocks wind. You can't walk anywhere in it, the pants wad up n are too hot if you go more than 1/2 mile..

I forgot to mention that so far all pcs of Kuiu that I have do not interfere with the string when shooting or restrict drawing.

Tedd

Offline bear mike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2018, 07:11:57 PM »
Another fan of wooltimate I have the pants and coat its good stuff

Offline Nole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2018, 07:27:28 PM »
i just got the Kryptek Vellus Fleece pants and they are quiet and warm wearing them one hunt.  I love the pants so much that I wished I had ordered the jacket but they are sold out. 

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2018, 07:37:10 PM »
I use a Cabela's Wooltimate Fleece jacket I got about 7-8 years ago...I've never gotten cold in it. Layer with a wool sweater with wind shear lining and I can sit in some serious cold

Offline PhilFloyd

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »
I can't really speak to Montana temperatures, but I used the First Lite Woodbury jacket with a KUIU super down jacket underneath in Colorado in December.  Plenty warm with some layering versatility. 

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2018, 09:21:24 PM »
Not really in a position to help you guys up north and out west, since our winters just don't match up to yours. However, I have done well with the old M65 army coat with good layering. I have used a base of silk ski underwear with wool long handles. Over that I have a Pendleton wool shirt, a wool commando sweater and a down vest. It is very warm and not as bulky as it sounds. I can still handle the bow. It is a whole lot cheaper than much of the new stuff. I have used it in very cold (by Southern standards) as well as very windy conditions but not necessarily the combination of both cold and wind as you may encounter. Just suggesting that layering could save some cash. Let us know what you select.
Sam

huntryx

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2018, 07:11:54 AM »
Sitka stuff is the warmest I have found, and the Celsius is super quiet and the warmest, but no windblock as mentioned above. If you can come up with a windblock layer this woyld be the best of all worlds. I have been wearing a windblock vest underneath it and that seems to work well. Again, it's Sitka, go up a size.

Offline ADP2413

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 07:17:55 AM »
Looking for suggestions on a late season jacket things get a little cold in Montana in December and January! Been using a Cabelas 1/4 zip Wooltimate jacket little noisy and bulky.

LLBean Maine guide wool with primaloft. I have tried many modern hunting garments and the LLbean wool jacket and pants with primaloft wins hands down. It will surprise you.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 12:26:10 PM »
KOM Made the Standmaster Jacket and Bibs, I think no weather in this world can go through.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©