3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Yost tab questions  (Read 2748 times)

Offline maxpetros

• Trad Bowhunter
Yost tab questions
« on: December 15, 2018, 09:16:44 PM »
Hey guys-

Just got a new yost tab in- the pro tab lite with a cordovan face- and I feel like the quality of the leather isn't that great. Comparing it to my Bateman cordovan tab, the face of the yost feels very gritty and not slick. Here it is next to my Bateman with thousands of shots on it. It honestly appears to me as if it's a different material. Anyone else have a similar experience? Did I just get a lemon?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Yost tab questions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 11:33:30 PM »
I've not found any commercially produced tabs to compare to a Bateman! Have a prototype from rmsgear that has great leather.

Edit: haven't found any other commercially produced tabs who's leather compared to the Bateman, it's just the slickest stuff out there!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 10:13:51 PM by old_goat2 »
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 10:05:54 PM »
I have just switched to the Yost tab the Predator model I have tried the Bateman I like the Yost tab better nothing wrong with the Bateman.
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 07:33:03 PM »
Ditto on what trad_bowhunter1965 said....

If you are not happy with the quality of the cordovan then I would contact Eric at Yost and I feel confident he'll make you happy....
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline maxpetros

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 10:41:02 AM »
Much appreciated guys! I definitely love the feel of the yost tab but the quality of the bateman's leather feels far superior. I'll give contacting Eric a shot

Offline maxpetros

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 04:14:02 PM »
Just wanted to follow up for any one interested in a yost tab. After shooting it for a few days it seems like the issue resolved itself. The tab face seems very slick now so it just needed to be broken in completely. Very happy with this tab now and it shoots great. Perfect thickness for me. Thicker than my Bateman but still let's me feel the string. All in all definitely a tab I'd reccomend!

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 07:57:42 PM »
[attachment=1That’s great to hear after talking with Eric Yost about how I like the way the BW 3 under tab was he help set my tab up that way.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 10:54:20 AM by trad_bowhunter1965 »
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows

Offline maxpetros

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 11:58:02 PM »
[attachment=1That’s great to hear after talking with Eric Yost about how I like the way the BE 3 under tab was he help set my tab up that way.
[/quote,msg2839091][/attachment]That's very interesting. I shot a black widow calf hair for a while and really enjoyed that tab but found it wore too quickly. Did Eric explain if there was a benefit to the tab face being segmented(not sure if I'm phrasing that correctly) like that? Also did you add that layer of rubber or do they other yost tabs come with it?

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 11:11:17 AM »
If I am understanding you correctly yes Eric did explain that it give him a cleaner release . Yes I did put neoprene backing I don't like a thin tab here a photo of Eric's tab.

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©