3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: who has the smoothest 56" recurve,, and fastest delivery..  (Read 7600 times)

Offline the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: who has the smoothest 56" recurve,, and fastest delivery..
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2018, 10:29:42 AM »
I just checked out the Holm-made website.  Chads bows look awesome!

I would definitely look into them and Mr. LaClair's bows as well.  Lots of great choices out there.

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2018, 11:23:39 AM »
The reason you didn't see any deer was very likely due to bow fit in the toyota.  As a guy that has driven a toyota and shoots a 56" PIKA I can tell you that for sure.  Once your bow fits in your truck you will be in the deer---or at least not having limb tip clearance issues on the ride there and back.

Give Dan Toelke a call.  You won't regret it!

okay I know I must of spooked something because when I would reach in behind the front seats to take my bows out if those tips touched the plastic door panels it sounded like I was trying to remove paint off a fridge with a dull scraper,,, good thing I'm deaf as a grape otherwise I'd of heard the snorting  :biglaugh:

didn't think I'd get this many recommendations,,, I'm checking on a few things now the widow and a couple others mentioned are on the table so far.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2018, 01:23:37 PM »
Not sure what draw weight you are looking for but here is my favorite 56"   (I am partial to it since I designed it)   They are smooth and quiet   This one is brand new and with a dealer Life Cycle  https://yourlifecyclegear.com/products/lifecycle-huron-recurve-1/

I bet you could have it by the weekend
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2018, 04:47:09 PM »
I can't help with a recommendation since I am a Hill style longbow shooter. But that idea of no deer because the bow won't fit on the backseat is GREAT. I may need to borrow that excuse myself. We'll be looking for pictures when you do receive it.
Sam

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2018, 04:57:02 PM »
Honestly, a 15" ILF with medium super recurve will be shorter than a most standard 56" recurves and should be very smooth and fast out to 29".

Offline carbonflyr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2018, 07:51:18 AM »
pat:  not to hijack but who besides dryad makes a good 15" ILF riser

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2018, 08:04:04 AM »
Honestly, a 15" ILF with medium super recurve will be shorter than a most standard 56" recurves and should be very smooth and fast out to 29".

honestly I don't even know what that term means "medium super recurve",, I never thought about a ILF bow before because they seemed too confusing.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2018, 09:56:31 AM »
I think that Widow is going to be a winner!

My favorite shorty is my Cascade but when I got mine there weren't being made anymore.

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2018, 05:45:36 PM »
Its looking that way,,, I might have to pick up a LIL favorite too if they are available.   I was going to replace the rotted hood on my Tacoma but that Rot hole isn't really bothering anyone right now  :laughing:
"Us vs Them"

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2018, 06:57:52 PM »

honestly I don't even know what that term means "medium super recurve",, I never thought about a ILF bow before because they seemed too confusing.

Morrison  does.  Medium refers to the length.  You can get shorts or.longs ss well.  Not am expert, but they really aren't ver complicated.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2018, 09:21:25 PM »
In my initial response I threw out a 56" Toelke Chinook in 1 or 2pc, often a wait time that is a matter of perhaps a month.  I still stand by that, but after receiving my new 62" Stalker Coyote yesterday, if youre looking for a 3pc I must heartily recommend you call South about a 56" Coyote.  He has one or two in stock and his current wait time on a custom is really short now.   This new 3pc Coyote of mine is one of the fastest most powerful and quiet curves Ive ever shot hands down.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2018, 10:13:01 PM »
I have a 56" Stalker Coyote. Smooth as butter and really kicks out an arrow!
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline ADP2413

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2018, 02:10:33 AM »
well technically I'm waiting to hear back from 3 bowyers here but if not then Monday afternoon if BW is open I'm getting this because the weight is perfect and my favorite draw weight, its green I didn't know they made a green bow but I haven't been to BW in years,  and its 56" and I will have it in 4 weeks,, honestly there are a few other bows I'd rather have but I never could wait a long time for a bow so I don't bother with ordering anymore.   

https://blackwidowbows.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=111_112_154&product_id=1742

I have a BW 56” PCH 50 lb graybark and it draws as smooth as some of my other bows at 42 and 45 lbs ... Absolutely zero tuning and it is incredibly accurate. I just ordered a PCH X in the green cross grain which will be well worth the wait. You will love the PCH !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ADP2413

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2018, 02:24:29 AM »
I think it would be hard to beat a Bear Take-Down "A" Riser with #1 limbs. 56" at whatever weight you need. And last I knew, both Big Jim & 3 Rivers had some in stock, so you'd be getting it as quickly as you feel like, depending on how much you feel like spending on shipping. I know that I am a BIG fan of my Bear TD now that I've tried one. I've been shooting it for almost a year now (including a MUCH more active 3D season than I've had before) and it continues to grow on me.  Just my $0.02....

What is your draw length ? I tried to make that combination work with many sets of limbs but with my 29” draw  I found that it hit the wall at 29” and from about 27.5 to 29 it substantially became harder to draw. I have to admit it was the quietest bow and the thump was addicting outside of the limbs creaking in the sockets after shooting for a while. Someday I will get a B handle and # 1 limbs. 

Offline TwistedHollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2018, 04:31:45 AM »
I agree with the other guys about the stalker coyote. I have a 56 inch and it’s my favorite bow. Dead quiet , no hand shock, and smooth as glass. Just love it!

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2018, 06:20:40 AM »
I think it would be hard to beat a Bear Take-Down "A" Riser with #1 limbs. 56" at whatever weight you need. And last I knew, both Big Jim & 3 Rivers had some in stock, so you'd be getting it as quickly as you feel like, depending on how much you feel like spending on shipping. I know that I am a BIG fan of my Bear TD now that I've tried one. I've been shooting it for almost a year now (including a MUCH more active 3D season than I've had before) and it continues to grow on me.  Just my $0.02....

What is your draw length ? I tried to make that combination work with many sets of limbs but with my 29” draw  I found that it hit the wall at 29” and from about 27.5 to 29 it substantially became harder to draw. I have to admit it was the quietest bow and the thump was addicting outside of the limbs creaking in the sockets after shooting for a while. Someday I will get a B handle and # 1 limbs. 

I'm actually drawing 29" also. I've been looking at some #3 limbs to see if I like the extra length better, but I haven't tried it yet (though that wouldn't help the OP with his question, since they'll make a 60" bow). If my limbs stack at the end of my draw, I haven't noticed. But that's entirely possible that it is, and I just don't notice.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Offline ADP2413

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2018, 07:53:41 AM »

I'm actually drawing 29" also. I've been looking at some #3 limbs to see if I like the extra length better, but I haven't tried it yet (though that wouldn't help the OP with his question, since they'll make a 60" bow). If my limbs stack at the end of my draw, I haven't noticed. But that's entirely possible that it is, and I just don't notice.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I tried the #3 limbs with the A handle and I did not like the performance or feel of the bow ( it has a totally different feel with the #3 limbs ) Im hoping to try a B handle with #1 limbs locally     

GCook

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2018, 10:04:30 AM »
My 58" and 60" fit in my Taco just fine.  But I carry them in a bit different manner.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2018, 11:48:02 AM »
I think you will love the widow, I guess I did it wrong, I bought a first gen Toyota Tundra so my 60” PSA will fit in the back  :biglaugh:
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »
Did you get the Widow?  If not, i'd also recommend the Bear TD if your draw length is 28 inches or less. Most any short (56-inch) recurve is going to stack beyond 28 inches. It's caused by the more acute string angle at the nock point as the limbs are drawn further. When drawn too far, the tips actually start getting closer together, making the angle at the nock where the arrow is held more acute, pinching the fingers.

Since a BW, is a forward handle recurve, it's limbs aren't flexed as much at full draw as a recurve with the riser/grip placed on the belly side of the limbs.  Thus, it can be drawn longer before the tips start moving together, i.e., longer with less stack. So, if you have a draw length longer than 28 inches, the Widow or some other forward handle riser bow, would probably be the better choice in a short recurve. Of course, the Widow will work nicely if your draw length is less than 28 inches as well.  A personal preference thing.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 12:45:39 PM by Orion »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©