3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Use for all of those Christmas boxes...  (Read 1122 times)

Offline whiskyweasel

• Trad Bowhunter
Use for all of those Christmas boxes...
« on: December 25, 2018, 01:15:11 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone!

My wife and I welcomed our firstborn right in the middle of the rut this fall. Couldn't have been happier to give up hunting time. Between presents for him and Christmas, we've had a lot of boxes arriving on our doorstep and I've been having a great time using them for target practice.

Most boxes are approximately the height and depth of a deer's chest so I take a sharpie and draw vitals and a front leg on both sides. I can shoot from multiple angles and determine the lethality of entry and exit holes. For extra fun I put scrap drywall in the front of the box where the scapula would be. I know I've shot too far forward when I hear a "crack" and get a puff of white powder.

Practicing like this has really helped me to hold low and forward as I have a tendency to aim too far back. It also helps to build confidence and visualize the perfect shot as the arrow zips through the box with a complete pass through. Anyways, just a simple thought. Lots of fun. Happy holidays to all!

Offline YoungMarine

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Use for all of those Christmas boxes...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 08:43:07 PM »
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 09:25:13 AM by YoungMarine »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©