3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 12 years of searching...  (Read 4853 times)

Offline wapitishooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 12 years of searching...
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 01:01:41 PM »
That is a sweet looker and I bet it shoots just as nice!

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 02:48:39 PM »
That is a sweet looker and I bet it shoots just as nice!

Time will tell. We shall see if it dethrones the 12-year reigning champion for the most shootable bow in my hands or not. At the very least it should be a great supplemental bow for traveling and backpack hunting that is 95% or more of what I love about the handling and shooting characteristics of my favorite one piece bow.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 03:13:07 PM »
That is beautiful!!! 
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 06:51:43 PM »
Well, this one has turned out to be a real humdinger of a bow.  I've had the chance to play with it for a couple hundred shots and I must say this is the only bow that I have ever shot that I liked and shoot as well as my 1-piece Sierra.  There have been a dozen or so that have come very close for me over the years.  However none have actually inspired the confidence that my one piece bow has and therefore all the other bows that I've bought/sold/tested have moved on over the years.

I have 4 different string build types on hand for my one piece Sierra from back when I did testing to see what string build it liked the best.  I used them all of them on my two piece Sierra and just like my one piece bow it prefers the 8-strand SBD strings.  I then played with brace height and silencer location.  Again it prefers these in the exact same place as my 1-piece Sierra.

I then grabbed a bareshaft and shot at 7 yards only to nail a bottle cap that was dangling from a string. Good sign, but could be a lucky shot.  I backed up to about 20-23 yards or so and let the bareshaft fly again only to miss the bottle cap by about 1.5".  So I walked forward to about 15 yards and let the bareshaft fly only to almost touch the bottle cap again.  Either the bow shoots pretty dang well AND it tuned perfectly with my same arrows or I had three consecutive very lucky shots.  Lets put up the bareshaft for a bit and grab some fletched arrows.  :archer2:

Over the next few days I have shot hundreds of shots...I don't know exactly how many but not enough yet.  This bow shoots EXACTLY like my 1-piece Sierra which has been my gold standard to which I've compared all bows to for the past 12 years.  It has:
  • the same trajectory
  • the same stability
  • the same point of impact/point of aim convergence
  • the same forgiveness
  • the same lack of hand shock
  • the same lack of vibration during and after the shot
  • the same grip
  • the same ergonomics
  • everything is the same except for two tiny little details...
My new 2-piece bow is just ever so slightly more quiet during the shot and has an ever so slightly deeper pitch during the shot.  I think its fair to say that my 12 year search for the perfect take down bow is complete.  I've always been a one bow man but now I'm a 2-bow man...neither of my Sierra longbows are ever going to leave. 
:biglaugh:
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©