3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Whaaat?!!!  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
Whaaat?!!!
« on: January 03, 2019, 01:51:12 PM »
 :dunno:

I received my renewed subscription to Traditional Bowhunter Magazine last Friday, the first issue of my new yearly sub.
Only problem was, last issue I had received prior was the OCT/NOV issue of 2018. This was the the FEB/MAR issue of 2019.
Since I had renewed online, I wondered to myself if my renewal had arrived too late, even though I replied to the e-notice the same day? So I called, and spoke to a very nice lady who said she would check into it and get back to me...which she did, within the hour.
She confirmed that my sub had been renewed, and a DEC/JAN issue had been mailed on-time, but that they would get a replacement out to me ASAP. As I said, very nice lady!
I cracked a joke that maybe my postman was a trad hunting fan. :archer2:
She responded that sometimes magazines get damaged, destroyed, lost, etc, but...in the past they had issues with just the opposite; anti-hunter mail carriers deliberately not delivering magazines due to their personal stance on bowhunting.  :o
Seriously? I mean, first of all, tampering with mail (or mail delivery) is a federal offense. Secondly, and more importantly IMHO...it's nobody's business other than mine what my hobbies and passions are, bowhunting and archery, included!
The very idea just floored me. Has anyone else ever had issue with regard to archery or bowhunting in any way, shape or form being held against you or a family member?
Aim small,miss small

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Whaaat?!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 02:09:18 PM »
You live in Illinois, which is probably a pro-hunting state or at least a hunting neutral state.  If you lived in California, which is an anti-hunting state, I don't think you would be surprised to find anti-hunting attitudes expressed vocally, and at times, physically.  It's a big state, so where I live, in Sacramento, the attitudes are probably similar to southern Illinois.  But along the coast, they are quite different.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 02:34:00 PM »
I've missed mailings from various publications from time to time. And, I always wondered if that could be the cause. That doesn't really surprise me.

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 03:26:06 PM »
My magazine from Compton was inadvertently delivered to a guy about 6 miles away.  He happened to be a wheelie guy but had just recently purchased a recurve.  He read the magazine cover to cover they looked me up in the phone book (yes, we still have a land line) and said he was bringing it back to me.  I ended up giving him some back issues of Traditional Bowhunter Magazine to read.   

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 04:45:36 PM »
My magazine from Compton was inadvertently delivered to a guy about 6 miles away.  He happened to be a wheelie guy but had just recently purchased a recurve.  He read the magazine cover to cover they looked me up in the phone book (yes, we still have a land line) and said he was bringing it back to me.  I ended up giving him some back issues of Traditional Bowhunter Magazine to read.

Good story! My Mom and oldest Brother are tree huggers that don’t mind buying dead critters at the meat market  :dunno:

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 04:50:20 PM »
I've been lucky. I generally get my stuff without problems.
Sam

Offline FlintNSteel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 05:27:44 PM »
Years ago when I subscribed to Bowhunter Magazine I had an issue that hadn't arrived.  I happened to mention it to the postmaster of the small-town Post Office I was using at the time and he said "Oh Yeah...I've got that on my desk...been reading it."   

Hey...glad the guy enjoyed reading Bowhunting stuff, but come on...he had no right to use my magazine for over a week before delivering it, if he ever would have.
"In a land painted by our Maker's hand, teeming with wildlife, where but here can a man know such freedom?"  Primal Dreams

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 05:44:07 PM »
I’m a pastor and have had a few people find fault with my hunting. Nothing serious, just comments like “kill anything?”, and when I say no they say “good”.

I have changed a few minds of “anti-hunters” by explaining the biblical perspective.

Crazy isn’t it? :knothead:
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 06:10:46 PM »
this is opposite the story where I once sent a bow to PA and the guy who got the bow said the postman asked if it was a bow because back at the post office they had a bet going because of the shape of the package they where all in suspense about it possibly being a bow....    now to ad to this thread I always did think that people would mess with the mail if it was something they didn't agree with,,,,,, human beings come in all types and that will never change.
"Us vs Them"

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 08:02:06 PM »
Wouldn’t doubt it a bit these days. Then agian it might show up next month. I have had a few magazines (not just hunting) somehow be lost on the mailtruck for awhile.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 08:12:49 PM »
Maybe the mailman isn't done reading it  :bigsmyl:

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 08:15:32 PM »
i used to get a lot of catalogs (hunting, shooting,etc)
Now its trickled to nothing
Often thought a mail carrier or usps employee has a nice collection.
Slickhead

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©