3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It’s new pop up blind time  (Read 3222 times)

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: It’s new pop up blind time
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 11:07:41 PM »
Take a look at Barronette Big Mike … I hunted antelope out of one this year and it is plenty big and windows were fine sitting down and on my knees. I was shooting a 60" LB and I'm 6'0 tall
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 06:31:25 AM »
Also take a look at the Big Cat blind from Barronett as well. I like the windows a bit better than the Big Mike
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline BuckeyeBoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 07:44:05 AM »
X2 Barronett Big Mike

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 07:49:12 AM »
I'm short and so are my bows.

My largest blinds are Primos Club XXL.  I can stand and shoot a 60" recurve.

To date most of my blind hunting has been for turkeys only.  On a scale of 1-10 I'd say blind hunting from an enjoyment point of view (pun intended) is about a 7.  I don't like the closed in feeling..restricted vision.

This year I bought one of the new Primos Surround View blinds (270). It isn't as tall as the XXL but I can still bow hunt from it. It is an amazing blind and experience.  I can sit in this thing and see what's going on all around me, except behind.  I doubt I'll ever buy another ground blind except for these "see through" ones. I know my grandson loves it too, he doesn't feel so blinded (there I go again with the puns).  I don't know what's going to happen when it rains, if the pores will fill or not.  But, I'm not a rain hunter anyway, unless it starts while I'm out.

Offline elk nailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 08:12:18 AM »
x2 on the big cat.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 08:15:35 AM »
Great pic!!

I have a Double Bull Matrix that should be good but I hate being inside a blind. Can't see or hear as much as I like. But for those sharp eyed buggers, it is the way to go. :archer2:

Gonna try the ASAT leafy this spring. May not even pack a decoy....  :)
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 08:35:16 AM »
I'm not sure what happened to the reply I just posted? Trying again. Just after Christmas I was after some deer near the house where there was no tree stand possibilities without being seen. I went to purchase my first blind at a big box hunting store but selection was slim. I wound up spending more than I wanted to on a blind that was possibly too small. I purchased the Double Bull 270 surround view.
 I really like it. I had used other blinds in the past out west with success. The see through sides change the whole experience. It worked. I killed a deer. It's almost too small. I wish it was the 360 and I'll probably buy one of those overpriced things for the fall. Very well made. I still don't know how the hell to open and close it. Lots of cussing and pulling gets it done. There is a method but I didn't take the time to learn it.
BTW...used a 60" longbow out of it. A short recurve would work in it better.
Tedd

GCook

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »
The Big Mike's windows zip down as well as up.  I'll try to remember to take a pic later today.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline T Mowery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 09:46:15 AM »
Look into the Xenek blind. Top quality materials, windows with a ton of adjust ability, and they are having a sale on them till the end of this month. Originally $400.00,  now $320.00 with free shipping and also comes with an awesome backpack carrier, that handles all you gear. Use code............XEN2019 at checkout.
I think food is important and if you don't know how to cook, it's tragic." Julia Child

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 10:35:57 AM »
I'm not sure what happened to the reply I just posted? Trying again. Just after Christmas I was after some deer near the house where there was no tree stand possibilities without being seen. I went to purchase my first blind at a big box hunting store but selection was slim. I wound up spending more than I wanted to on a blind that was possibly too small. I purchased the Double Bull 270 surround view.
 I really like it. I had used other blinds in the past out west with success. The see through sides change the whole experience. It worked. I killed a deer. It's almost too small. I wish it was the 360 and I'll probably buy one of those overpriced things for the fall. Very well made. I still don't know how the hell to open and close it. Lots of cussing and pulling gets it done. There is a method but I didn't take the time to learn it.
BTW...used a 60" longbow out of it. A short recurve would work in it better.
Tedd

Tedd, mine is the 360 and I had quite a battle with it to set up. I won but it had a broken rod at the end. Was a battle worthy of funniest home videos I'm sure ... :biglaugh:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 10:51:27 AM »
I too had trouble taking it (270 surround) down. I watched the videos 3-4 times.  Set up was fine, by following the video. Take down was more of a struggle.  Now, after I had it set up a few days it came down just fine. It is more stiff material for sure.

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 11:27:47 AM »
I have the primos double bull recurve model (don’t think it’s made anymore) and there’s plenty of room in it.

Y’all mention about opening those. On mine I had to send it back after breaking rods on the hubs because it was SO hard to open. I mean almost impossible doing it the way on their video. Same way when it came back. SO I took a little bit off of some of the rods and it opens like a champ now. Got an ameristep something or other and it’s ok. Opens good, but I much prefer the big, open, adjustable window on the double bull design.

Those surround views look awesome! Be sweet to see all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Online mnbwhtr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 11:44:42 AM »
Has anyone using the surround view used them in the rain? Looks to me like you get wet....

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 01:43:15 PM »
X2 what T Mowery said. I bought one last year while they were on sale. Windows are low enough and the blind is taller than wide. Check out there website, I think you will be impressed.
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 04:41:36 PM »
Hidden Hunter, the best IMO

watch the video demo

http://hiddenhunterblinds.com/
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

GCook

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 05:01:24 PM »
The corner windows are more versatile.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 07:05:58 PM »
Barronett big cat liker here.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 12:15:40 PM »
GCook.  Which blindnis that?   When you say the windows zip up and down do you mean the opening is adjustable for sitting or possibly standing?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©