3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ghost Blind Reviews needed.  (Read 852 times)

Offline Boognish

• Trad Bowhunter
Ghost Blind Reviews needed.
« on: January 13, 2019, 10:42:07 AM »
Do any of you have one? Any success stories? Pro’s & con’s?

Offline Soonerlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ghost Blind Reviews needed.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 10:52:55 AM »
I’ve used mine off and on for a while but nothing yet. I will say that it all but disappears when you place it right.
PSE Legacy 55@28
Diamondback Venom 55@28

US Army MP 2000-'08

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 02:29:40 PM »
I’ve had one for a few years now. It’s like any other piece of hunting equipment, in that it has it’s positives and negatives. It’s another tool to have in your arsenal, but it doesn’t fit every need. You need to set it up just right to successfully hunt behind it. Your seat needs to be at the proper height, and you have to sit far enough behind it that your arrow will clear the back when trying to maneuver for a shot, which can leave you exposed at the sides. So, if you set up with plenty of cover at your sides and back, it can work well. Like I said, it has certain applications. You’ll definitely want to get the carrying backpack for it as well, as it can be very cumbersome to carry into the field with a stool and your other gear. It can also spook game if the wind causes it to move around.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline Kopper1013

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 06:35:25 PM »
I’ve had one for a couple years and like pheonixarcher said it has its place...

I’ve taken one deer from behind it and had many close encounters. It’s funny when squirrels and chipmunks get close and finally catch their reflection and freak out  :biglaugh:

I’ve found they work best when you’re in an area where nothing can come from behind and you can tuck yourself in a hole like a bush or something. I take limbs and put them infront and it works magical
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Offline Kopper1013

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 06:38:18 PM »
I’ve have a good picture that I’ve posted before but now it said my file is to big soo :dunno:
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©