3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Best cold weather bibs  (Read 3524 times)

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
Best cold weather bibs
« on: January 22, 2019, 08:52:34 PM »
In the market for some cold weather bibs. 
What you boys recommend?
Thanks
Tim B

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Best cold weather bibs
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 08:59:21 PM »

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 09:16:48 PM »
Sitka Fanatic Bibs are really nice. I get they are pricey, but they resolve the cold weather tree stand sits... I got mine on sale about this time or spring two years ago for a little over half retail... Same for the Sitka fanatic coat...

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 09:38:09 PM »
Really hard to find a bad set, I have Filson, Browning and asat, all good

Offline PistolPete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 09:41:35 PM »
ECWCS Primaloft overpants if you’re sitting still. Much warmer than wool and around $20.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 11:18:07 PM »
I use Sitka Incinerator bibs for really cold weather (and an Incinerator jacket).  Rather pricey, but warm and excellent at blocking the wind, rain and snow.

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 06:32:55 AM »
Lol Charlie ....thanks for the replies all
Tim B

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 06:54:07 AM »
Charlie’s response reminded me of my first set of high quality cold weather bibs/ gear back in the early 90s. I bought the latest and greatest Browning HydroFleece... Just like Charlie, I walked in pre dawn (dark) and picked up a ridiculous amount of the burrs and sticktights. Quite a mess qnd pretty frustrating. I now carry in my cold weather tree stand clothing and dress at/near the stand. If you’re planning on walking in and burrs are a possibility, picking a low nap burr proof fabric would be wise... The Sitka Fanatic is not burr proof...

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 07:18:25 AM »
A pair of chaps helps with the burrs and briars..

Offline TI_Bowmen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 06:54:45 PM »
Really looking into the Asbell wool bibs. They seem pretty rugged, warm and light.

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 07:51:43 PM »
I have cabelas outfitter berber bibs, they have not failed me in late season archery here in Saskatchewan.  couple little quality issues but have been good.

very quite and warn...like the pocket positions and wind stop but not burr proof
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:43:46 PM by Hummer3T »
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

arrow30

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 08:08:53 PM »
I tried the wooltimate bibs , but couldn't deal with all the extra bulk in the belly and chest area, but the pants are great.

Offline HornHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 11:14:26 AM »
I have  asbell bibs listed in the classifieds
There is room for all of Gods creatures, right next to my mashed potatoes!

Offline wapitishooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 11:22:32 AM »
I bought a pair of Arctic Shield bibs very warm and not bulky best Ive had. Also got a cabelas outfitter camo vest with wind shear and a jacket that's the same.Very warm setup but top them off with Arctic Sheild boot blankets very comfortable in zero weather.

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 07:49:27 PM »
Another buddy suggested browning wild wings....they may be too loud for bowhunters tho
Tim B

Offline Coach Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 07:59:16 PM »
I am thinking of pulling the trigger on the Asbell Bibs.   I am wondering if Cabela's will do away the the Wooltimate line.  They have very few items left on the website. 

Offline Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 11:04:55 AM »
Depends on what you are doing and what you call cold.  It was -22 this am.  Instead of going out for rabbit I opted for some coffee instead  :goldtooth:

I like the lined silent predator wool for moving/stalking.  For sitting I use First Lite sanctuary bibs/parka.  Both are quiet, but the sanctuary gear is nor designed for walking through blackberry bushes or autum olive trees with spikes.
Klaatu, Verata, Nicto

Offline MIBIGHNTR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 11:23:00 AM »
Depends on what you are doing and what you call cold.  It was -22 this am.  Instead of going out for rabbit I opted for some coffee instead  :goldtooth:

I like the lined silent predator wool for moving/stalking.  For sitting I use First Lite sanctuary bibs/parka.  Both are quiet, but the sanctuary gear is nor designed for walking through blackberry bushes or autum olive trees with spikes.

I agree!!  I am also from MI, but not the great UP!!  I have hunted in some COLD temps below zero and feel that your clothing has to have some type of wind barrier in it to really be effective.  The Asbell bibs are nice, but lack the wind barrier liner to really be considered a true COLD weather bib, in my opinion.  The trick (or course) is to find something with the wind barrier and also QUIET when it is truly COLD outside.

Offline Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 01:42:46 PM »

I agree!!  I am also from MI, but not the great UP!!  I have hunted in some COLD temps below zero and feel that your clothing has to have some type of wind barrier in it to really be effective.  The Asbell bibs are nice, but lack the wind barrier liner to really be considered a true COLD weather bib, in my opinion.  The trick (or course) is to find something with the wind barrier and also QUIET when it is truly COLD outside.

I have hunted Isabella county every year down there since college. I agree 100% about the wind.  From hunting to fishing all my stuff needs a wind blocker.  Although, this morning the camp walls were the best wind blocker money could buy!  I was strolling around in a tee shirt!
Klaatu, Verata, Nicto

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©