3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Need help finding 4E boots!!!  (Read 481 times)

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
Need help finding 4E boots!!!
« on: March 31, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »
I have been invited to go on an Elk hunt this fall in CO. I am set for gear with the exception of a good set of boots. I have looked at the Russell's and have contacted them, telling them I have had some foot surgeries and have some scarring on the tops of my feet and usually a moccasin style boots will not work for me. They said that they couldn't promise their boot(s) would not cause the same problem. I have hit some of the elk forums with this same question and have tried to track down the boots that were suggested, but they are not presently available in my size (11 4E). I am contemplating Cabelas Outfitter series. I have thought about the Wolverines, but have had bad experiences with them in a work boot. Any help/suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need help finding 4E boots!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »
I have never owned the outfitter series cabelas offers.  But I have owned 3 other cabelas brand boots and have been more than satisfied.  I have heard nothing but good about the outfitters from a few that I know have them.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 06:33:00 PM »
I also have 4E and got the Cabela's Elk Hunter 10" two years ago.  I'll never buy a different boot for hunting the mountains.  They are great!!

Also if you don't like them there return policy is the best in the industry.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Bill Leeming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
I have some Cabela's 4E Outfitter boots. May be a tad heavy but I love'em.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
Thanks fellars! I may go ahead and try a pair of the outfitters.....Mike

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »
Ditto I have 11.5 4e  9" height outfitters,  two pairs and wear them all the time.   Great boot.

Bill

Offline indianalongbowshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »
Well guys Ive got a 9 6E, try finding comfortable hunting boots in that size.
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 10:42:00 PM »
Maxwell: you have two pairs you wear all the time? Um....   :scared:    :scared:    :scared:    :scared:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline red44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
I've NOT tried them all of course, but the outfitters I've had for a few years. I have 200 and 1000 gram models. Perhaps heavy, stiff sole, noisy on packed snow(like walking down a driven on logging road, they squeek on the packed snow/ice)  Great grip going cross country, comfortable and warm. If I had to do alot of moving I'd opt for the 200 gram with wool socks. But if your looking for sneakers-like boots, outfitters would not be the ones. I use rubber boots around home here as it's flat and wet most the time. When I go up to Maine, I like the outfitters. Better protection and good grip in the woods.

Offline 52 bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
Mike, I wear 12eee and when I can't find them sometimes a 13w works- the trouble with ordering footwear is you can't try them on.Picked up a pair of Danners this fall and love them!!Good luck!

Offline 52 bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
By the way, what I heard about you , you should be wearing size 13-14 boots any way!!!

Offline rbaustin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 02:25:00 PM »
LL Bean has wide sizes in their lodge boots
Shoot straight and tell the truth

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »
Thanks for starting this Mike...

I got EEE size and can barely find anything.

Redwing says they're now up with some new letter that is wider than a EEEE--Bull...couldn't even slip them on in anything close to my size.

Some shoe builder told me Redwing is built on an Italian last (spelling?) and is narrow. Most US are some hybrid. I got duck shaped feet..narrow heel and super wide front..

I've gone to big supply places here and spent hours trying on everything...they all were too narrow unless I went like 2 full sizes bigger so the wide part moves foward... but then you got too much room ahead of your toes and on downhill slopes, you bust up your feet bad...

I'll keep checking this thread... thanks guys!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 04:51:00 PM »
I have 9eeee wide feet with high instep and have had a fight my whole life finding shoes and boots that actually fit. Redwing used to make boots on a wide last and call them H (as in e,f,g,H), dicontinued. The only boots I have found that truly fit are Russell Mocasin. They hand build to your actual measurement. I wear their bird hunter boot with a soft crepe sole instead of the cleat vibrams.

I can wear some extra wide mass produced boots if I put up with longer sizing and do in store fitting.

Offline red44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »
There's Hitchcock shoes and Masons shoes, I get catalogs from that have 4&5E, shoes and boots. I haven't tried any of them so I can't comment.
   http://www.wideshoes.com/index.html     http://masonqualityshoes.tripod.com/
Don't know if anything here is suitable for chasing Elk, but.

Offline R.W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
My brother has extremely wide and short feet. Leaves a track like a black bear, only rounder.

He has to have his boots custom made, to get any comfort at all. If you can find a custom boot maker, that may be the answer to your quest.

And although full custom boots are quite expensive, my brothers boots have lasted well, and comfortable feet can really make a hard hunt/hike something to enjoy rather than something to dread.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
Yup, Shaun, that is the letter, H that I tried on locally in Redwing's boots that was supposedly "new." Interesting to hear you say it's been around and discontinued...

My experience trying on the one pair they had there was awful...my 9.5EEE wouldn't even slip in the boot! Gawdawful.

I used to have flat feet in grade school and they made us flatfoots come in before school (back in the day) and pick up marbles with our toes for 30 min..put em in one box, then another.. now my arches are so high, I can like to fall off em standing on a twig!  :)

High arch doesn't help with wide feet...I feel ya!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Noelkman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
Mike, you might try a pair of Lowa Banffs. They make them in a wide model. I wear a 11.5 EEE and they fit my "Flinstone feet" great. The lining is all leather that molds to your foot. Best backpack/mountain boot I've ever had. Got mine through REI but you should check shoebuy.com and others. Around $235.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »
I wear a 13 EE or EEE depending on the boot , the wrost is rubber boots 14 Lacrosse...Im going to try The Russells too ...I love walking heal . This is info IM glad to get for sure...good topic Mike! ...marco#78
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©