3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Traditional Bowhunters Expo?  (Read 6213 times)

Offline flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
Traditional Bowhunters Expo?
« on: January 27, 2019, 01:26:55 PM »
Well what did you shoot that you couldn’t live without? Looking forward to some photos. Thanks

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Traditional Bowhunters Expo?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 01:38:05 PM »
Found a like new NM Shelton. I was grouping my arrows on top of each other. Needless to say it went home with me.

Offline bear mike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 03:06:34 PM »
shot a few bows when I had the time to slip away from the booth. Steve Turays Northern Mist Sprague is a real shooter Its been on my mind.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »
The show was great.
I got some ACE broadheads and ordered a dozen arrows from Lost Nation.
I had a close call with Javaman, there was a beautiful longbow that almost came home with me.
Got to visit with some folks that I only see once a year and I finally got to meet Roger Norris in person.
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 05:05:08 PM »
I shot, Northern Mist, Shrew, Java Man, Black Widow, Timberhawk, Stalker, and I'm sure there's a couple that I can't recall at the moment.  My daughter bought herself a Shrew Siberian Tiger, very beautiful and great shooting bow, and she put a deposit down with Greg for a Java Man she has been wanting for the past year.  I picked up my Classic I had ordered from Steve at Northern Mist, and left with an American on order.  Got to shoot his new Skanee three piece take down, awesome bow! and as said above his new Sprauge shoots great as well. 

Jason
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Online kstout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 05:16:56 PM »
I shot a Shrew, several from Northern Mist, a Black Widow.  I ended up ordering a Sprague from Northern Mist.

Offline finkm1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 05:21:32 PM »
Shot a Timberhawk and a Black Widow PLX.
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 06:06:28 PM »
Anyone have any pictures from the show?

Those new Shrew Siberian's look sharp!

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 06:21:11 PM »
These followed me home: The new Shrew Li'l Favorite, and Asbell Wool's new offering, "Woodland Magic"

"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Online toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 08:35:45 AM »
Was a great expo, got to touch base with some old friends.  Shot some bows, Steve still makes an awesome bow line.  Warning:  If you shoot one of Steve's bows there and like it buy it, then.  It will be gone the next day. 

Offline MIBIGHNTR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 09:52:34 AM »
Great show and I managed to attend all three days!!  Picked up my Java Man Impala Supreme from Gregg that I ordered in Sept.  Purchased a couple items from Traditional Leatherwork and also a couple Selway quivers.  Shot more of Gregg's bows and almost walked out with another, but fought off the impulse for now.

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 03:03:41 PM »
Bought a few odds and Ins but got to chat with BW for about 30 to 40 min Saturday late afternoon.
We both lived in the Flathead valley in NW Mt ( although at different times) so it was fun hearing stories from the 70s from an area I know well.
My two boys were just riveted to the table the whole time Barry was talking and on the ride home I asked what their favorite part of the show was....
My oldest ( David 12 ) said “ I really liked just sitting there listening to Barry talk”....
I just smiled and nodded in agreement!!!

Barry was informed by his better half that he needed to get a picture with these nice boys that sat there patiently listening to him the whole time, and of corse nothing can happen without someone cutting a joke, big smiles and laughs by all!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 04:24:41 PM »
I was called out of the country for work last year and missed the Expo; it was great to see old friends at the show and hang out with my hunting buddies. My son also drove up from college to see everyone; that was one happy young man.

5 Stars go to Kaz and 23’up for braving that weather all the way from Iowa. Really nice to meet you guys and visit a bit.

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 04:55:41 PM »
I was called out of the country for work last year and missed the Expo; it was great to see old friends at the show and hang out with my hunting buddies. My son also drove up from college to see everyone; that was one happy young man.

5 Stars go to Kaz and 23’up for braving that weather all the way from Iowa. Really nice to meet you guys and visit a bit.

It was nice to meet you Steve and Im looking forward to sending you that Hero Pic while wearing your vest!

The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 07:05:56 PM »
Indeed Steve O., good to see you and your son. I enjoyed our chat and hope you and your son enjoyed the summer sausage... :campfire:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©