3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Footed Carbon Shaft  (Read 4869 times)

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Footed Carbon Shaft
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 12:33:36 PM »
The cap footing is something I’m going to try!  The footing in general is a great idea on all carbons, I run my lengths so that when the footing hits my rest, it’s in line with my clicker.  That way once everything is tuned, the footing is my clicker if that makes any sense.

Offline CovertHunter55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2020, 12:27:23 PM »
Maybe this can help

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2020, 01:07:19 PM »
I like my footings about an 1.5-2” long. I make footings when I am at a loss for something to do. That way I can take my time to chuck up a piece of shaft in my drill motor and file the rear edge down. Then I cut to size. I was using “gold shaft epoxy” to glue to shaft. Lately it’s been JB Weld. “Bomb proof”?, usually but not all the time. But that can be the brand and/or makeup of the shaft. 
  Only complaint I have is pulling them from those plastic fabric target faces but then agian any kind of lip including from an insert makes pulling from those targets a PIA.

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2020, 05:09:52 PM »
Pistol Pete,
How is your arrow made? I don't see how the front of it is any stronger than an aluminum arrow?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©