3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tomahawk Longbows from 3 Rivers  (Read 3202 times)

Offline 76Aggie

• Trad Bowhunter
Tomahawk Longbows from 3 Rivers
« on: January 30, 2019, 01:36:25 PM »
I'd like to have some comments on Tomahawk Longbows from 3 Rivers.  Hopefully, by some of you who own and shoot them.  Likes?  Dislikes?  I posed this question on another site and got very little response from those guys.  What say you lads?

Offline mec lineman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tomahawk Longbows from 3 Rivers
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 03:11:38 PM »
Ive  haven't  shot one and I don't know anyone that does personally. It has always surprised me how few I see out and about considering how popular 3 Rivers is to our sport.
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!"                        
Caribow taiga ex
Tall Tines Stickflinger
Yellowstone Halfbreed

P.B.S  member

Offline Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 03:51:54 PM »
I shot one in Kalamazoo last year. I guess it's pretty difficult to say how well it shot because no matter what bow you ask about, you're always going to be told that the bow was smooth, and fast, had little handshock, was accurate, etc.
With that being said, the one that I shot was smooth, fast, and a looker! No handshock either. I really liked the bow.  :archer2:

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 04:41:15 PM »
I had one for a while and like with most bows I thought it was "OK".  Truthfully, I don't see many bows that stand out from all the competitors by way of performance and feel at the shot.  The Tomahawk shot average for a bow of similar design and equal length and draw weight.  Not bad but not really spectacular to my mind.  So I sold it.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 09:13:59 PM »
I know they sell them, but I will say you almost never see a used one for sale, that tells me that they are pretty good.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tomahawk Longbows from 3 Riversb
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 10:09:14 PM »
I owned a second hand SS at 55 lbs and liked it just fine. At the time I was just starting out and my go to bow was 45 lbs. the 55 seemed quick but I was comparing it to the lighter bow. It was a good looking stick and solid. Wish I still had it but the original owner wanted it back.

Offline Eason

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 12:12:54 PM »
I have had one for about 10 years with no complaints. The bow has been trough a lot and has never let me down. I hunt exclusively with it and have taken many deer, pigs and small game.
MEason

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 12:52:30 PM »
The build quality is excellent, I think they could be seen as just a solid dependabale R/D longbow, kinda like a Widow PLX.  Like David said, shooting wise they dont do anything wrong, just solid performer overall.   
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 02:01:57 PM »
I have shot several, and a Tomahawk SS (, tempered bamboo back lam under clear glass, yew veneer under clear glass belly) socket/sleeve takedown is on my final short list as next purchase. I will have one in the next 24 months (eventhough I hunt primarily with homemade osage selfbows). It is right up there with Widow PLX T/D (My last bow purchase) and Javaman Impala (also on my short final list).
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline CalArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 10:12:08 AM »
3 Rivers Tomahawk bows are made by Great Plains Traditional Bow Company in Kansas; solid reputation.
Husband, Father, Bowhunter

Offline Bob Moran

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 02:07:20 PM »
I have a 55# Tomahawk Diamond Thunderstorm and it is a fine bow. I don't shoot it much anymore because 55# is a bit too much for me now. I'd love to trade it for a 45# Tomahawk. 3 Rivers is an outstanding company and customer service is top notch. They will work with you to assure that you are satisfied with your bow.
May your friends be as many as the promises you keep.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©