3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TradTech Buzz Sound  (Read 1314 times)

Offline mb bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
TradTech Buzz Sound
« on: February 11, 2019, 12:49:26 PM »
It's been a long time since I have considered using traditional gear for a bowhunt, but I am wanting to try and get a bear with one this spring. I am currently shooting a TradTech (19" riser) with 45 lbs. Black Max limbs. My brace height is 8 5/8", max range is 8 3/4" as recommended by the manufacturer. I am getting a horrible buzzing noise upon release from the top limb. I have tightened all bolts, and can't figure out how to solve this. Any suggestions?......David

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TradTech Buzz Sound
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 02:23:59 PM »
Which riser? ILF or bolt down?
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline mb bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 02:55:02 PM »
ILF

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 03:35:54 PM »
 "I have tightened all bolts, and can't figure out how to solve this. Any suggestions?"

Including the lateral limb adjustment screws?

Offline cwegga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 03:40:26 PM »
You can take the spring loaded pin out of the old fitting on the limb. The limb won't stay in when unstrung then but some people report having noise problems from there and fixing it by removing or greasing the pin. It should be a simple thing to test and eliminate at the least.

Offline mb bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 04:19:58 PM »
You can take the spring loaded pin out of the old fitting on the limb. The limb won't stay in when unstrung then but some people report having noise problems from there and fixing it by removing or greasing the pin. It should be a simple thing to test and eliminate at the least.

Yes, all tight. I removed the springs, and seems to be bit quieter, but still a buzz, just a bit quieter now.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 04:02:00 PM »
I put Velcro on all the contact points with my metal riser. Quieted it down tremendously.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 08:58:39 PM »
I would drop your brace to about 8...tiller might need adjusted...or place some cushion like little pieces of Velcro where the underside of the limb contacts the riser in the limb pocket

You might be surprised what a good modern skinny string will do for limb noise too
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©