3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Beman ICS bowhunters  (Read 299 times)

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
Beman ICS bowhunters
« on: April 02, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »
has anybody tried these shafts just wondering if they are any different then the ICS hunters. They are a little cheaper. any info is appreciated. Thanks
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Beman ICS bowhunters
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »
I've used the ICS Camo Hunters, Hunters, and Ventures. Never had a problem with any of them. My initial guess would be that the "Bowhunters" are the same as the old Ventures.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
I just checked the specs, and they look the same as the old ICS Ventures.

Offline CJC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
they are indeed the same as the ventures, just a new name and look.  i have shot the ventures for a while and love them.  also shoot the ics hunters both of  which imho are awesome arrows at the right price.

Offline Whitetail Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
Does anyone think that a .006 straightness shaft shoots differently than a .003 straightness shaft?

I currently shoot the ICS hunters, but the bowhunter shafts look mighty nice for the price.

Brett
50# MAX Widow
54# Sapphire Hawk
53# Schafer Silvertip TD
45# Hill Country Bobcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 10:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by Whitetail Chaser:
Does anyone think that a .006 straightness shaft shoots differently than a .003 straightness shaft?

I currently shoot the ICS hunters, but the bowhunter shafts look mighty nice for the price.

Brett
Practically speaking: unless you're shooting clean 300 rounds you probably won't notice the difference between .003 and .006.

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 05:51:00 AM »
they are the same as the old venture shaft. At .006 compared to .003 for a old fart like me it is no difference. Now I say this when I use to shoot wood I think most of them were more in line with .25 difference from one to the other. I think with our longer feathers the difference is corrected by the feather recovery of the shaft.Now  the pro's oput there will tell you pay the 120 dollars a doz, me I buy the cheapest carbons I can, I can get two doz of the cheap compared to the .003 top of the line shaft. I lose more that I care to talk about, shooting stumps or 3D.

Bill
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 06:43:00 AM »
IMHO, the Beman Ventures (now called Bowhunters) are the best value in carbons.  I've got about 10 dozen Venture 500's, they're that good.  I found out early on that the low spined 500's shot best outta any of my stick bows, from 40# thru 55#.  The 500's allow for a large range of GPP and FOC tuning, too.

Oh yeah, that .006 versus .003 (or even .001) has nothing to do with bowhunting as far as I'm concerned - it's not like I'm target shooting 90 meters for score, I just wanna kill critters at 10-30 yards.  Besides, the Venture/Bowhunter shafts will stay lots straighter than any woodie.   :D

Now, if ya gots the bucks, and yer shootin' 60#+ bows, the AD Trads are THE way to go for a heavy arrow and high FOC.    :)
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©