3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Simple is?  (Read 252 times)

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
Simple is?
« on: April 02, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »
It's simple, the arrow hits where it's pointed! A rocket will hit the moon if it's pointed at it too. That's seems simple but that takes brains to make happen. Seems though to my style of things, the more I use my brain to get that arrow in the spot that I'm looking at the worse it gets. Good thing NASA doesn't have me cause the less I think the better it gets. I wouldn't be good at politics either cause the more they think the worse it gets also.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Simple is?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
Too much thinkin and my shootin goes downhill too!!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline chesapeakeblend

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »
Does the arrow really hit where it is pointed or does your mind make compensations you are unaware of up/down, wind, downhill, uphill, walking, feeding?  We think more than we think!
Mike Norton

A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal.    -Aldo Leopold

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »
As long as my arrow hits where my brain thinks it's pointing I'm happy. That's all the thinking I'm doing on the matter. I think maybe it's called positive thinking.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Offline Leon.R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »
You think more than you think when you are not thinking, I think.
OK in simple terms your mind knows what it has to do if you let it, that comes with practise.

When I first started with wheelies you think about the distance and pin and peepsight and anchor point, later you just think about the target and your brain does the rest.
You still consider all the other things but you dont realise it.

Good example - when you sleep and your kids get up to go or get water, you dont wake up cause your subconsious will recognise the noise as friendly and you stay sleeping.
Someone tries the back door and you are awake instantly....
Shooting instinctive is the same your mind just needs practise to get to that level.
Black Douglas 68#
Wing Gull 60#
Hoyt Havoc 80#
Coupla other wheelies.
If ya gonna be stupid, you better be tough!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©