3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stickflinger vs heartstopper  (Read 1745 times)

Offline jimboby

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Stickflinger vs heartstopper
« on: March 07, 2019, 07:16:50 PM »
Has anybody shot both of these bows?  What are the differences, similarities of these two.   Which did you prefer? Thanks for any replies, Jim

Offline TradBrewSC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stickflinger vs heartstopper
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 08:14:39 PM »
Both are fantastic bows.. I own a stickflinger and one of my best buds owns two heartstoppers, os have a fair amount of experience with them as well.

Duane (Heartstopper) arguably makes one of the best looking 3pc LB's in the industry. They are quick, look great, very well balanced, and dang can he pick some wood combos... He really is a master bowyer..

That being said I feel that the stickflinger is a smoother drawing/faster shooting design. Brian too makes a beautiful bow, and the grip on the stickflinger really just melts in the hand. I am a big TallTines fan whether it be RC, stickflinger or tundra and still have one of each. They are just great performing, extension of the hand type bows.

The grip on the heartstopper is my main complaint, I prefer some sort of locator on a hybrid design LB, and his grip is relatively straight. That doesn't mean I dont shoot my buddies well and want one of my own! I like a straight grip on certain bows (D/R longbows) but for whatever reason like a locator on hybrid styles, but that is a personal thing. Maybe he can make a locator for me?!

Hope that helps

Offline jimboby

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 08:22:23 PM »
It does help. Thank you.  I do agree that the grip is a big deal.  Nice to hear that both are shooters.

Offline mec lineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 09:26:16 PM »
I have a 60" and an older 62" stickflinger. The newer limb on the 60" is wayyyy smooth, but i prefer the 62" for some reason. the stickflinger is for me the perfect 3pc. longbow
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!"                        
Caribow taiga ex
Tall Tines Stickflinger
Yellowstone Halfbreed

P.B.S  member

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 10:02:54 PM »
Have shot the thunderhorn, and owned multiple stickflingers.  Heartstoppers are beautiful, but agree that I find the stickflingers to be smoother and faster, and I love the grip.  Not gonna badmouth the heartstopper though.  It is still a nice bow.

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 01:13:20 PM »

I am sure the heart stopper would be just fine, but I  have a Stickflinger 62”  two sets of limbs- 55# and 49# limbs that I like. Good grip, stable and quick.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 08:25:31 AM »
I am not normally a "3pc guy" but I've drooled over Heartstopper pics for years so I bought one direct from Duane about 6 months ago.  It is absolutely beautiful.  I prefer the less radical limb profile of the Heartstopper although that would likely explain others observations of smoother draw and faster arrow speed in the Stickflinger.  I don't have experience with the new Stickflinger but have owned TT Tundra model and personally prefer the T.Horn grip and find it faster and smoother than the Tundra.  Reminder I'm comparing to the Tundra here.  Grips are very personal preference.  I shoot Thunderhorn, Caribow and Centaur and I like them all.  All grips are different but all are very repeatable and have similarities.  The Heartstopper grip is most similar to the Caribow but without the thumb ledge.  Shooting through my chrono proves the THorn is quick.  The bow is also very quiet whether I shoot it split, three under or with a fixed crawl. 

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©