3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kids & Hunting  (Read 543 times)

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kids & Hunting
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »
Mary A ... Allies bow is a maddog pup ...hes a sponsor..  http://tradstore.com/mta/

and her arrows are just dowels...
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »
I made a vow after last season:

First time out, Sarah goes with me: 2 1/2

First pic is from Sept. 2007 season, 15 minutes, snapped a pic, she is looking over my shoulder and whispers "Deer Daddy", a doe and two fawns walk around us at 25 yards, her eyes were big as saucers... Best night of hunting in my 35 years in the woods...

Second pic: October of this year, as you can tell, it was the maiden voyage with the blind. Didn't really care we were brushed in or not..
3 1/2 .

It is pricesless....

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
I haven't had my son Nicolas(almost 5)out hunting yet.
Now that rifle season is over we are planning a small game hunt in the 'glades.
We may do a ground blind hog hunt this winter if finances allow.

Offline martin guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
My daughter is 6, she has been hunting with me since she was about 5 months old, I would put her in the back pack and head out stalking. She still goes out with me, I make her walk now!
There seems to be a special bond that forms when you hunt with your children.

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »
Last year was my sons first season turkey hunting (age 12). Below are a few pics. Bottom one is still my favorite.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 01:18:00 PM »
Ha ha.  Reminded me of my son in a duck blind at that age.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Little Tree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »
Took my six year old out a few times this year, and he got to see his first buck in the woods, had a six pointer 12 yards behind our natural blind trying to figure out what that strange noise was, it was my son sawing logs!

Offline pintail_drake2004

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
i have hunted with my father 1 time in my whole 23 years on this earth. The only reason he went is because a friend talked him into it. I look back and see all my buddies hunting with their dads every season and that is something i will never have. Dad was borderline anti-hunting until me and my bro got hooked. Our mother was the one that kindled the fire. Dad always was a gun nut but didnt care to hurt animals. Although he came from a fur farm, he didnt like that much either.  
I envy you folks who hunt with your parents. Mom got us started and kept us interested. took us to the woods in the wee hours of the morning. A family friend took us under his wing and taught us how to hunt, trap, and track almost any critter with fur or feathers. I am trying so hard to get my older brother into hunting before his 2yo son is old enough to go, because those are memories that outdoorsman should have.
now my twin and i have been hunting for 18 years and we try to take at least 1 new person with us each season (hunting/trapping, always dragging someone new along fishing). Cannot wait till i can take my nephew along.

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »
Both my boys are grown now...20, and 22 years old, and both still hunt with me.  It is the one thing we can do that "bridges" the generation gap, and we can be best buds.   They are my best hunting partners, but their lives are beginning to go different directions as well.  Still, we have built lifetime memories we share and that I cherish.  They began hunting with me at two years old.  It's funny...now they like to "help" dad when I'm hanging treestands or doing the work stuff, and I kinda like lettin' em.  Best thing a parent can do, is spending quality time with their kids, and hunting is no doubt quality!

Here's a pic of Kory, my youngest with his bull elk from this fall.  

My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Problem Child

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
My son to me while we're walking to the deer stand.... "How long we gonna stay Daddy". Me....."Oh a couple of hours". Son again after we've been in stand...."How long we been here daddy". Me...."30 minutes".Son again......"How much longer we gonna stay daddy".Me....."30 more minutes". Son again 10 minutes later...."Has it been 30 minutes yet Daddy".   :knothead:  
Now with squirrel hunting,he will stay all day long.
"Right Wing Extremists"....has a nice ring to it don't it?

Offline flightmedic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »

you can never get them involved in the outdoors soon enough, archery is a big part of our lifes, and dominates our summer with 3-d events
Toelke ( Troll)

Striker bow (stinger)

Compton Member
PBS MEMBER
"In the wind he is still alive Fred Bear "

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©