3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow storage?  (Read 927 times)

Offline DXH

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow storage?
« on: April 01, 2019, 03:54:21 PM »
How do you guys store/display your bows?
Ben Pearson Cougar 40#
PSE Black Hawk T/D 55#
Bamboo backed Osage Self bow 57#
Ivory Hunter 60#

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow storage?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 04:31:34 PM »
I got a bunch of old barn wood and made sort of a cross shape. I like the rustic look of old barn wood, so to keep it looking that way, instead of cutting it so that I have straight edges, I broke it by stepping on it. The edges came out pretty neat, and the top piece just happened to break in the shape of an arrow. I put some screws in from the back so that they stick through the front, and then took some straight sections of cedar that are about 1 inch in diameter and 4 inches long and I twisted those onto the screws to serve as my bow pegs. After that I wrapped it in some barbed wire with a shed antler wrapped into it and stuffed some cattails and other neat looking plants into the wire as well. I'll try and get a picture at some point. Now that I read back through what I wrote I guess it's a bit hard to picture.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »
I store my recurves horizontally on pegs fairly close to the riser and hang my longbows vertically from pegs. 

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 05:35:09 PM »
I store my recurves horizontally on pegs fairly close to the riser and hang my longbows vertically from pegs.

+1. Except that I also hang a couple of my less expensive recurves vertically, since I don't have enough horizontal pegs to go around.  I keep all my bows in the house, so none of them get too hot during the summer.  I kept some arrows for my son in a storage warehouse for a few years, and when I took them out the finish had baked right off of them.  Glad they weren't bows!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©