3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: mounting a kwickee  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
mounting a kwickee
« on: April 11, 2019, 11:17:09 PM »
How hard is it to add inserts to a riser for a kwickee detachable? Is it difficult to get line up.
anyone use double sided tape?

the bow is inexpensive so Im wondering about wood screws?

Slickhead

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: mounting a kwickee
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 07:43:32 AM »
I have used very high bond double sided tape to mount Kwikee brackets on several bows that I didn't want to drill. Worked out great!

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 08:58:04 AM »
Drilling the bow for a quiver is a simple process. When you buy the insertsthey come with a template so you don't space them wrong. I would buy a brand new drill bit for it just to ensure you don't chip at the edge of the hole.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Tooner

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 09:14:49 AM »
I have used very high bond double sided tape to mount Kwikee brackets on several bows that I didn't want to drill. Worked out great!

Is there a specific brand tape that you had good success with?

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 12:27:05 PM »
I’ve used wood screws and they are fine.

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 12:39:49 PM »
Mine is screwed in to the riser.

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 12:05:29 AM »

Is there a specific brand tape that you had good success with?

I can't remember what brand it was or where I got it. I looked for the roll and can't find it either now. I know it's around here somewhere cause I just used it on 2 bows. One of them I hunted with all year last year and it never budged a bit. I've since sold that bow and it took some serious prying and elbow grease with rubbing alcohol to remove the reside. No harm done to the finish.

Online Longtoke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 12:58:23 AM »
Gorilla glue makes some Double sided tape that is mighty strong.
Toelke Pika t/d 54" 52#
Bear Polar 56” 40#
Black Hunter 60" 40#

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2019, 07:48:15 AM »
Stickhead - sent you a PM
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline stevem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 10:01:35 AM »
I bought a section of aluminum angle, it might be 3/4" x 3/4", cut a piece about 4 inches long, then cut off about an inch off each end on one side. Mounted the quiver bracket to the short side and taped the long side to the bow.  It can be moved from bow to bow or removed altogether without leaving holes in the riser.  If you want a picture PM me your cell phone no. and I will send a pic.
"What was big was not the fish, but the chance.  What was full was not the creel, but the memory" - Aldo Leopold   "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"- Will Rogers

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 12:04:46 AM »
I found it...package and all! It was Scotch brand 30# "extremely strong" tape that I used. Worked great for me. YMMV

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 11:34:50 AM »
I just installed quiver inserts in my Widow, not hard to do at all.  Use a drill press and a sharp drill. For the Quicki bracket I’d install 1 insert , attach the bracket using one screw and then the bracket becomes a guide fir the second hole.
I have used the heavy duty double sided tape on quite a few things the kind for exterior use would definitely hold.
Either way would work.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 01:47:30 PM »
I just installed quiver inserts in my Widow, not hard to do at all.  Use a drill press and a sharp drill. For the Quicki bracket I’d install 1 insert , attach the bracket using one screw and then the bracket becomes a guide fir the second hole.
I have used the heavy duty double sided tape on quite a few things the kind for exterior use would definitely hold.
Either way would work.

Great advice on the one screw method👍

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©