3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fred Bear videos  (Read 325 times)

Offline Elmer Keith

• Trad Bowhunter
Fred Bear videos
« on: April 04, 2008, 02:49:00 AM »
Yesterday evening I watched my newly bought Fred Bear Videos. "Grizzly, Muledeer, and Polar Bear"  and "Pronghorn and Bwana Bowman",both on DVD.

It was great.

New to me is this guy Bill Negley. Was there anything anywhere written about him. Does a biography exist?

The special sequence when Fred and his guide stalk the Grizzly in the above mentionde film I saw first when I was 15 years old. It was in a German gun shop. But also I could watch the mentioned scene about the rifle hunt which could not be seen in the Fred Bear video.
Elmer Keith

"To the housewife a piece of meat wrapped neatly in plastic has no more emotional effect than a bunch of carrots. But let someone say he is going hunting and her heart bleeds with sympathy for the game. " Fred Bear

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fred Bear videos
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 05:16:00 AM »
Get a hold of the latest Traditional Bowhunter Magazine; there's a write-up on this legend there. He also wrote a book called "Archer in Africa", which is excellent. It is difficult to find, as it was published in quite limited numbers, and is fairly expensive - but in my opinion it is well worth it! For more information, you could do a search on PowWow or on the ***********, as I'm sure he's been the topic of some threads.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »
also, there's a DVD called "Moments of Truth" about Negley
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »
John, is "Moments of Truth" on DVD? I thought it was on video only, the type of video that works in the USA but not in Australia. If it's on DVD, where can I get a copy? Thanks, Ben
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »
Maybe vhs only, I don't remember. I'd look on Amazon.com
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©