3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Where is this headed?  (Read 6225 times)

Offline 96ssportsp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Where is this headed?
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2019, 10:18:06 AM »
This is a great conversation. I don't post much, just read.
Being new to archery, Trad at that, only been shooting 6 years and 53 years old. I was approached by James at Tradquest a couple of years ago at the Western States Traditional rondevous, He was just launching Tradquest. I did not even know what a podcast was, like a lot of folks stated here. I do drive a bunch for work, and podcasts have become my media of choice.
 Instead of focusing on this new guy, never heard of him before, take a chance and listen to James and Bob at Tradquest, Steve Angell at Traditional Outdoors, the guys at The Push, etc. The gentlemen they are pulling out of the Trad community and visiting with are true diamonds in the rough!! Most are honoring to the previous generation that paved the way before us. This new guy will hopefully get educated, or fail. The market has a way of eating up people. Just my .02 cents. Scott.
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ & the American Soldier. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom

Raptor Sig LB- 64 55 @ 32

Raptor Sig LB- 62 45 @ 32

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2019, 10:35:46 AM »
there are no "trad police" - that's total nonsense and nothing more than propaganda, click bait, fake news, and for personal gain.

all that matters are "two sticks and a string". 

how those components are put together, what accessories are employed, and how to make them all work together, is all subjectively up to the user. 

we are concerned about how they're used, from both ethical and legal standpoints. 

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline 96ssportsp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2019, 10:59:55 AM »
When I talk I teach - When I listen I learn. 

I LOVE to learn, so I force myself to listen.  I try to not filter out the words of those having different views as listening reinforces that I don't agree with their position and I need not change mine. 

I LOVE to teach, but only to those who want to learn.  My few pearls don't get cast before swine.

I try to save my opinion for only those who ask my opinion.  I've learned that opinions are like butts . . . everyone has one, most of 'em stink.  Bottom Line - I've found that trying to use my 2 ears twice as much as my 1 mouth has served me well.

I also believe in the '5% RULE'  -  5% of any grouping of people are fools.  I try to avoid the 5%.  Think about it, 5% of those at work, 5% of those in church, 5% of those drinking at any watering hole, 5% of those posting here, even 5% of extended family are people you just don't care to be around.  You might be better off trying to avoid them, if you aren't already.  The young blogger is most likely part of the 5%.  ( The dilemma:  Trying to not be a part of anyone else's 5% )

OK, time for me to shut up and listen.  Think I'll grab the Blacktail and fling-a-few.

Oh how I wish I had your wisdom and self control!!
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ & the American Soldier. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom

Raptor Sig LB- 64 55 @ 32

Raptor Sig LB- 62 45 @ 32

GCook

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2019, 12:03:05 PM »
Rob I have to respectfully disagree.  When people make unapologetic comments like "traditional bowhunters are the only real hunters" or "your not a real traditional archer unless you shoot wood arrows" etc then those folks are trying to define what is right for everyone.  It's all archery.  Yes we want to be legal and ethical.  But being a jack wagon to someone and putting them down because the choose to shoot a different way or equipment than you is wrong.
What we chose to shoot is just that.  Our choice.  It doesn't make us right or wrong.  Those who choose to demean other to make themselves and their choice seem superior are the "trad police" and  bullies.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2019, 12:13:58 PM »
Rob I have to respectfully disagree.  When people make unapologetic comments like "traditional bowhunters are the only real hunters" or "your not a real traditional archer unless you shoot wood arrows" etc then those folks are trying to define what is right for everyone.  It's all archery.  Yes we want to be legal and ethical.  But being a jack wagon to someone and putting them down because the choose to shoot a different way or equipment than you is wrong.
What we chose to shoot is just that.  Our choice.  It doesn't make us right or wrong.  Those who choose to demean other to make themselves and their choice seem superior are the "trad police" and  bullies.

yer actually agreeing with me, that kinda talk is exactly what that character's podcast was espousing and what trad gang will not tolerate. 

show me trad gang "trad police" posts so i can fix 'em.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2019, 12:21:55 PM »
the nice thing about podcasts is you don't have to listen.  Kinda of like complaining about a television show.  Don't watch the dang thing.

I don't happen to agree with a lot of subjects on podcasts and as a result they don't get listened too.  Others I like and learn a bunch.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline blacktailbob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Island Graphics Inc.
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2019, 12:34:49 PM »
I agree wingnut...I listened to about 90 seconds and cut it off. The guy sounded more like 24 ( if that ) and not 44.
One of my favorite buttons on the tv remote is "mute". Very handy on the pc, pod cast etc. along with delete.

Seems like for the most part everyone here is like family. We don't always agree but we do stick together.
[email protected]

Islandgraphicsfl.com

GCook

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2019, 02:19:23 PM »
Rob TG is a lot better than AT in that regard no doubt.  But here is where I was told only trad hunters are real bowhunters.
It's just a state of mind.  Be oj ng short and ugly with a smart mouth I've learned to take a punch anyhow.

Offline 1Arrow1Kill

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Too Young to Be This Damn Old!
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2019, 02:34:33 PM »
Aww c'mon Gary, nobody thinks you're short . . .  :smileystooges:
I Become the Tree until I Become the Arrow.
Practice - Practice - Practice - Beer.  Works for me . . .

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2019, 03:32:42 PM »
Well... the title did just what it was designed to do, get his name and podcast title "out there".

“There's no such thing as bad publicity.” P. T. Barnum

That's the thing about podcasts, any dude or gal with some recording equipment can put together a "show" and send it to the masses. I think its the equivalent of slinging an entire pot full of noodles at the wall to see what might stick. I would be interested to see how many listeners he might have... half a dozen before the rant? How many now? Sensationalist Journalism. Cry loud the most ridiculous and people will always listen, even just so they can argue with it.

I guess it depends on how you define "young" but I know lots of stickbow archers in their early development. Some are old in age but young in experience. Some are young in age but have many years of experience. I have the attitude that poor behavior should be shunned and good behavior rewarded.

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2019, 01:10:05 PM »
Where is this headed indeed? I'm 73 years old and wonder if I'm the only one who notices that there is an incessant deluge of such crap all the way from the White House down to 20 somethingish pod casters?

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2019, 01:59:09 PM »
I didn't know traditional bowhunting was a hobby, I thought that it was a part of, and also a reflection of, our way of life, LOL!

Along with traditional bowhunting, you usually find traditional values... or at least you used to.

I have a hard time fitting into and accepting this "new" society we find ourselves surrounded by. Change is inevitable, but we know not all change is good.

Reading what that proudly ignorant podcast host had to say reminds me of the late George Jones's song "Who's Gonna Fill These Shoes?".

« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 02:08:28 PM by Ken Taylor »
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

pavan

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2019, 02:40:50 PM »
Fake news is not the new reality, even though it is everywhere.  The one thing that is very traditional, back in the 60s it was easy to find an "expert" to tell you that you are doing it all wrong.  Today, it is even easier to find an "expert" to tell you that you are doing it all wrong.  What we need is CNN giving updates on the condition of traditional archery today.   MSNBC reported that there was conclusive evidence that certain bowhunters shoot game at more than 20 yards, but they are working hard to expose the attempted coverup.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©