3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I've gone and lost an entire bow... LOL  (Read 3945 times)

Offline Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I've gone and lost an entire bow... LOL
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2019, 01:18:49 PM »
I have thought about it over the years and still don't know what happened to that canoe. My dad still ribs me about it now and then. :knothead:

Deliverance? :help:
Aim small,miss small

Offline supernaut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2019, 01:22:49 PM »
We were pretty drunk but not "Deliverance" drunk :biglaugh:
Prayer changes things.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 10:00:09 PM »
Back in the early 80s a young man asked if I had a bow that he could borrow with some hunting arrows for a friend so they could go deer hunting.
I loaned him my Black Widow hunter 45#@28 62".
I also loaned my 6 arrow Darton hip quiver with 6 Easton XX75s with Bear Razorheads.
A few weeks later I asked if he was going to bring it back......... :dunno:
He didn't know what happened to them.  :banghead:
I guess no good deed goes unpunished.  :nono:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 1Arrow1Kill

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Too Young to Be This Damn Old!
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2019, 10:15:10 PM »
Ouch Graps.  Maybe that is why Shakespeare in Hamlet wrote: “Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend.”

Ahhh, what does Shakespeare know?   I appreciate your generous spirit.  I guess those boys needed that Black Widow and arrows more than you.
I Become the Tree until I Become the Arrow.
Practice - Practice - Practice - Beer.  Works for me . . .

Offline madmaxthc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2019, 10:16:34 PM »
Back in the early 80s a young man asked if I had a bow that he could borrow with some hunting arrows for a friend so they could go deer hunting.
I also loaned my 6 arrow Darton hip quiver with 6 Easton XX75s with Bear Razorheads.

Man, that must've hurt!  :dunno:
Life is short, play hard

Online blacktailbob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Island Graphics Inc.
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2019, 07:56:52 AM »
Graps that reminded me of a show I saw many years ago.
It was a documentary or something like that. An eskimo was telling someone that he no longer loaned out his gear, only his wife. His spear would come back dull, his kayak would come back leaking, and so on. But his wife always came back fine.

[email protected]

Islandgraphicsfl.com

Offline Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2019, 01:41:14 PM »

My son loaned a friend just getting into hunting an older bow he never shot any more, a half dozen arrows and a quiver. He didn't have a bow case so I loaned him a cheapie I had. He hunted twice with the guy to get him started then told him to keep the stuff until he was able to afford a better bow.
The next summer my son saw all the gear hanging in a pawn shop.... :dunno: Some people have no morals whatsoever.
Aim small,miss small

Offline stickandstring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2019, 05:11:25 PM »
I rented a van in San Francisco. Forgot where I parked it, reported it stollen, filled out all the reports at the precinct, walking back to the motel 3 hours later......found it.
Let it fly ->>------>

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2019, 08:21:33 PM »
Five or six years ago got back from ETAR and couldn't find one hiking shoe.  And I'm the kind of guy that can stand to lose anything.  So unpacked the pop up trailer searched high and low, set up the tent again, went through all the boxes for a second time, nothing.  Contacted everyone that camped with us, nothing. The following year set up the portable shower and there is my shoe.  But the other shoe was at home:(. 
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2019, 09:57:51 PM »
Last summer I was out shooting my bow in the back yard. We we're getting ready to go camping and had the pop-up camper pulled out so that we could pack it up. I got called to do something so I set my bow down and went to do whatever it was. When I came back I couldn't find my bow. I looked everywhere for it. I checked everywhere, including my brothers room. Even interrogated him a little bit. He didn't have it though. I couldn't believe that I lost a bow and pretty much assumed someone had stolen it out of the back yard while I was gone. The next morning we cranked the camper down to leave, and there was my bow. I had set it on top of the camper and while I was gone my dad had come out and cranked the camper up with my bow on top of it. That was a relief!

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2019, 10:39:10 PM »
LOL...don't feel too badly...my cousin left his on top of the truck and drove home...Don't know where we lost it but somewhere on I-87 I think ... A beautiful Big 5...great shooter

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2019, 09:16:33 AM »
Back in the 70s when I first started bowhunting I was walking a path to where I planned to hunt before daylight and got hit by a pain. I shed my treestand, leaned my bow against a tree and walked a few feet off the trail to take care of business. After completing the task I went back for my bow and stand and couldn't find them in the dark. I had only gone about 20 ft off the trail but my gear was nowhere to be found.

I looked for an hour or so, as it was getting light I walked back to my truck and followed the path back to my gear that was right where I had left it. I had turned right on my way out of the bushes when I should have turned left.

Another time I killed a deer on the side of a mountain, I was dragging it off the mountain and hit a section of vertical bluffs. I left the deer above the bluffs and went looking for a way through the rocks to the valley below. I found a way down and went back for my deer but couldn't find it, I looked high and low and couldn't find it.

In desperation I ended up going backup the mountain to the gut pile and following the drag marks back to my deer, another turned right when I should have turned left episode.

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2019, 10:28:05 AM »
If you are married ask your wife.  I place stuff all the time in a spot where I can find it.  Two days later it disappears and I can't locate it anywhere.  Ask the wife and she says "it was just laying there so I put it away for you".  Happens way too  many times for me.   :laughing:   :laughing:
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline nek4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2019, 01:05:52 PM »
I have had better luck having loaned items returned. Years ago a neighbor asked if she could borrow a bar of soap and then tried to return it USED........no, no please keep it!    :dunno:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©