3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings  (Read 40593 times)

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2008, 11:24:00 PM »
Well that answers that...finally found the guy that put the bacon above my tree stand last year....Thanks Barry....bowdoc

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2008, 10:01:00 PM »
barry, You gave me an idea on a new decoy.How about a 6 foot piece of bacon with some of that bacon scent all over it?inflatable!Maby even little pouches for cookies and flash lights.MIght even be able to climb inside.just have to keep it out of bowdoc's skillet.
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2008, 07:35:00 AM »
I like the decoy idea...if you want to hide inside kinda like a ground blind ??? I would be more then happy to paint it with a nice thick layer of bacon grease and some-lasses for you....I'd also be more then happy to video tape your hunt or mouling as well.This could get interesting....I can see the headlines now...man falls from tree stand laughing while video tapeing bear hunt...yeah.....se ya all real soon.......bowdoc

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2008, 08:25:00 AM »
I put a huge picture of an apple orchard out once for deer. The next day I came back Uncle Barry had put a picture of some deer in front of it........
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »
Bowdoc,I justfigured whenI looked in those barrels and Tom told methey had brought those cakes up in February....and in June they were looking like they had just come out of the package "why not eat 'em?" Heck,they tasted like they were just off the shelf at the 7-11!!!!!

That's the reason people are living longer in the US- there's so much preservatives in our food now we are actually dying, but still alive for a couple years longer due to the pickling our bodies get from those chemicals!

Gotta go-meeting Biggie for lunch as he travels through Hotlanta and he's buying- I hope. Look out Longhorns, better call Sysco and order some more grub!!!!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »
You kidding me Ray last time we were unpacking sweets at Tom's old house.You would eat one toss one in the barrel,eat one toss one in the barrel...It was great...and your right about all the preservatives.....we don't even want to go there....I may get side tracked and start thinking about whats in the milk you and biggie just drank with your lunch............yikes...bowdoc

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
glad I'm on the first week. sounds like all the bait will be gone by the second week. LOL

What we need is another pet food recall (leaving the door wide open for you BowDoc)  :)
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »
Bears in Canada don't care for recalled pet food...they are kinda picky eaters and I think they know the stuffs been recalled too..They do however like pork chops and sweets sweets and more sweets....man it was hurting me to leave a 5 gallon bucket of pork chops at some of the bait stations last year.But as soon as you open the 5 gallon bucket containing 7 month old pork chops whoooooooo you will more then happy to leave it right there and head for the truck.Them things turn an odd shade of green after 7 months in a bucket...ask Eric about that,well better yet ask Eric what it smells like when bowdoc splashes it onto your clothes....once again whoooooooo that sh#@ stinks like you can not believe....Tom is not jokeing when he said bring some clothes for baiting purposes that can be burned before leaveing La Tuque.....Thats not a joke....stinkdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
Yahooooooooo won't be long now girls......bowdoc

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
"Girls"? That's a dangerous implication with 2 weeks in the Canadian timber....  :scared:    :p  

I'm ready to go...now which broadhead/arrow/bow will go?

Hint to those who have not been: practice shooting while seated in a short stand at short range. Although the shots are not far, it's still a difficult angle to keep things from interfering with your bowstring/limbs. Try it and you will see what I mean.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »
Whooops I ment Lady's...I'am kinda ready well not really.But I have been shooting everyday....and as JC mentioned if you have not shot at short range you should give it a try...Shooting 3-5 yards setting down 5 ft.up a tree is not a natural shooting possition and you should try it.The angle can get a little tricky sometimes...bowdoc

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2008, 12:12:00 PM »
You guys read my mind-I'mm setting up a low stand this weekend for serious practice. Sitting and shooting doesn't bother me too bad, but the combo of close range and elevated does-especially with a real demanding shot on the agenda. I know it's weird, but I'm more comfortable at twenty-five yards than I am at twenty-five feet, at least at something that can kill me back. Fish don't count, lol. Bowdoc, in thirty-three days, I walk out of this office to have the most fun I've had in twenty-plus years. If my bag wasn't so heavy I could just float to the pick-up point.               Grant

Online RRock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
3-5 yards out and 5 ft. up,!!!!!!! Whoa, lets fall back and regroup!!! I've been practicing 40 yards out and 20 yards up. I know what broadhead, arra and bow I'm using just need to decide if my backup bow will a 12ga. or a 10ga.

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »
I have been practicing my running away shots at about 50 yards out.3 yards?  :scared:  Maby we need a thread discussing exactly when a 28 in arrow clears the rest.   :help:  This is going to get good.
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »
OK Guys....good news for the bears....I'm out.

Anybody want a good deal on the hunt? Lemmie know.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2008, 02:16:00 PM »
Hmmm - 2 weeks?  Are you allowed 2 bears in this area?

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2008, 05:52:00 PM »
Biggie-sorry to hear that. I've heard a lot about you and was looking forward to meeting you in Quebec. Hope its nothing too serious. Maybe next year,
                                        Grant

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
The answer to my prayers close targets.Kip

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2008, 06:27:00 AM »
Yeah sorry Grant, It's nothing serious I've just overcommitted myself. When it comes to hunting, I jump before I look :-)
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »
This was the stand I took a bear from last year. The bear was 6 yards away when I got'em. My stand was a little too high maybe but it worked! He had of course made a beeline right to the tree and looked up at me. I tried not to stare at him because I read that is a sign of aggression but it was very hard not to.  
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©