3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings  (Read 40577 times)

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
:scared:    ;)
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
I just got in from the Buckhorn Shoot that Tom helps put on each year.  Had a great time shooting with Tom & Eric!  Three surprises:

1)  Tom is bringing a Double Bull for anyone who wants to be Up Close & Personal!!!

2)  Eric was busy building some new bows last winter...Got my Bear Quest 08 Bow!  Just wait til she see the pictures of this beauty and Wow does she shoot.  Thanks Eric.

3)  Tom & Eric have agree to join Team Tippit.  We'll all be shooting selfbows with Tippit Trade Points.  They're called trade points as Eric and I did a little trading.  Eric made an amazing cherry turkey box call (with a couple turkey notches already in it from this spring)...looks like I got the better of that trade tough  :notworthy:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
Wow.  I have never had experiences like that.  But from what you can probably tell in previous posts have done the high and back aways strategy.  This makes me pumped.  I am sure I will be learning a lot.  Thanks guys.  

Tippit - I thought we already were up close and personal!  Whats next, a lawn chair next to the bait?  Bring a taser for those boars that want to get amorously friendly?

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2008, 07:04:00 PM »
some of you may know more of this than I but the airlines now allow only one checked bag and a carry-on, it changed May 5th as Barry and I found out in the airport couple weeks ago in Florida, you can check two but for a fee, usually $25
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
Yea Thomas United was the first to go and that is who I am flying with but the others followed suit.I already got a change of flights this week they are O.K. but hope for no more changes,hate airlines. I sent a package to Tom so that I can pack gumbo ingredients and crawfish for an etouffee in my ice chest.Buy the way I have never shot a deer or hog sitting down and shooting that way is foreign to me so that is what I have been and will be doing the next 3-4 weeks.Looking forward to meeting all of you very soon.Kip

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2008, 08:19:00 PM »
Thomas,  Martha might might even make an appearance...Martha Stewart Bow & Ground Blind that is  :eek:  Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
Well there is also the...I fear no bear hunt Tom has ? Not many folks do this hunt because it's...well let's just say you hide in the barrel.Wahooooooooooooooooooo I can't sleep now what will it be like for 3 more weeks.Jeff lets see some pics of that new bow....come on now.See ya real soon,bowdoc

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »
Now that would be the ultimate.  5 yards from the bait on the ground in a ghuilly suit!  I know I couldnt sit still good enuf for that.

What would you do with one coming around sniffing?  Thats b*lls.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
I thought about asking Tom if he wanted me to bring my Double Bull.  It should be easy enuf to just build a natural blind, tho.  With the tree stands set 5 ft off the ground, a ground blind wouldn't be that much different.  I'm thinking about bringing my bear spray, tho.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
To answer a few questions:
 The photo of Large cabin will be were 10 stay and myself and other Western,Ma boys will be right alongside cabin in trailer.
   You thin bloobed Southern boys might want to bring your sleeping bag as well as extra blanket we have never had heat on should be great sleeping weather for you guys.
   Fred you can bring your Double Bull stand so we will have 2,we just need to be careful with them $$ pricey buggers setting them up in the close quarters Boreal forest.
   I will check next week when the 1st bait trip is about washing clothers at camp. Picked up more grease today on way back from Traditional Shoot.
 THis morning my wife noticed a DIESEL can FULL of Fuel had been dragged about 40 feet and had holes in it.I checked it out tonight and appears a BEAR dragged it off.Brand New can that was sitting with 11 other filled with GAS and 2 other NEW Diesel cans that were full !!! The Bear must have a weidr appetite.
 The stink baits buckets have NOT been touched and he has to cross the scent of them to get to gas cans !!!
         Soon we will be in LaTuque !!!
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2008, 09:11:00 PM »
Tipit,
 I had a blast shooting and hanging out this weekend.I am glad I made Team Tipit,Look forward to making a BEAR leak with one of your custom Trade Points.
 You need to let me know what you are after for trade bait,I do have a bunch of Freighoffers Chocolate Chips Cookies for starters :-)
BISON GEAR PACKS

* N.J.Bowhunters *

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »
Eric's master piece...Pignut hickory 66" 58#@28? Perfect tiller and shoots with authority!  Just too striking to pass up.  Thanks Eric...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2008, 09:40:00 PM »
I'll bring the blind and a chair, Tom.  I just found out that Eric Ackerman is coming, too. I'll be shooting his old Robertson LB.  It's a small world, indeed.  This is gonna be a fun hunt.

For us "bear virgins", check out the Judging Bears thread.  Great stuff there.  I'm excited about just watching them for a few days first; maybe shoot some video.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
Tom,
A couple bags of those real fragrant sweets would work just fine as a trade  :D  

The shooting with you and Eric plus Rob, Brent, Cecil, and our new tradganger AlanF was just great...doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »
wish I was going to be there to see the Martha bow go to work but I will be with the first week cleaning out the big mean bears and making it safe for y'all.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2008, 11:10:00 PM »
Thomas, Sure appreciate your concern for our safty...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2008, 11:51:00 PM »
Fletcher, you can't bring bear spray over the border. The penalties I believe are severe. You can buy it where we stop in Canada. I don't know how much as I've never bought any.
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2008, 08:09:00 AM »
Oh yeah curveman is correct no bear spray what so ever.....bowdoc

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »
Is it MACE that is a no-no in Canada and or BEAR Spray ?
BISON GEAR PACKS

* N.J.Bowhunters *

Online PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
It was tough missing the shoot this year.One of my favorites of the year. Hope you had a good turnout. Did make a bait pickup on Sat. Taking a break from unwrapping. Been at it 2 hrs now and hardly made a dent.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©