3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings  (Read 40564 times)

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings
« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »
I bet Tom Lloyd Eric and Jr.are just haveing a blast in La Tugue without the rest of us boy's huh ? 20 baits to set up and bait.Man that sounds like so much fun to me.I wish I was there right now to help....See ya all real soon,bowdoc

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »
So Bowdoc.. you only taking the two bullets for the Albino? What's the extra one for? One other question: according to the serial number on the Albino, is that really the 81,501st selfbow you've built? XOXO U.B.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »
Oh heck no U.B...I ai'nt quite ready for that self bow stuff yet.I will bring my take down recurve..Yes I think I've made around 82,000 self bows so far...Or was that 8-15-01 ???? and I only made 2 self bows...Shoot I can't remember now...See ya soon bowdoc

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
Steven  I am looking forward to meeting the group also and maybe meeting the first bunch of boar hogs also.Do you know if the incoming and outgoing will get a chance to say Hi and goodby.I know bowdoc will be there two weeks so I can thank him personally for his work on my Howatt Hunter.Less than 3-weeks I am pumped.Kip

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »
The boy's must be back in town,as I saw Tom's number on my cell this morning.Hope he keeps us posted on how the baiting went...Holy cow it's getting closer.Hey Kip I think everyone will have time to shake hands at the sproting good store in La Tuque.....Yahooooooooooooo.........bowdoc

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
The Boys are back in town !!! Myself,Allen,lloyd & Eric arrived into Berkshires at 2 AM this morning from bait trip.We had beautiful weather with nice breeze that should carry all the Odors around stirring up them bears !!! The Black Flies were out,alot of times the 1st bait trip I do there are no black flies out they are EARLY this spring !! Make sure you have your Thermo-cells & refills.We did see 5 Moose up close and personal.Got to get unpacked & repacked for 2nd bait trip next weekend.
 Bowdoc got his ticket,I wonder if they will make him ride in the luggage hold again this year :-)
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
Kip,
I suspect that the second week crew will be arriving before the first group leaves-particularly if someone gets a bear Friday night as often happens. It would be nice to all have lunch and show "week two" the biggest, hairiest bears that we will get!     :bigsmyl:
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2008, 10:38:00 AM »
Now Tom, would YOU let this guy up front with the other passengers?!     :biglaugh:    

Actually, as everyone who has met him knows or can tell by the teasing, bowdoc is the best of people and hours with him go by like minutes!
Tom, did you raise my Long Trail stand up to 5 feet this year?    :D
NRA Life Member

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
Steve,
 I decided would be best if you hunted out of a GROUND BLIND :-) from Longtrail you have a perfect area to do that !!! I have a Double Bull Blind to set up there that is Brand Spankin NEW !! What do ya think ?

As for having lunch with 2nd group I hope it works out you guys get to meet for a handshake and helo,but both groups will be on a schedule !!
BISON GEAR PACKS

* N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »
Wow I would never leave my kids alone with that dude pictured in Tom's pick up rideing shot-gun.He just looks weird..Hey curveman,you see now why the bowdoc took both weeks ??? Yeah I getta do all the hand shaken..........yepeeeeeee....Just got off the phone with no neck Tommy.Things went great baiting...He is a true master ahh never mind...see ya all real soon...bowdoc

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: May 26, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »
Tom,

Well, if I do the ground blind I would just HAVE to use a SPEAR instead of a bow....or maybe my BK9 Combat knife if I place the bait barrel IN the blind! Decisions, decisions....    :biglaugh:  

Yeah bowdoc, I would like to go up for two weeks but I haven't made the A-Team yet. Letsee...I think this year I have to carry all Tommy's gear and bait his fishing hooks for him... then next year...   :D
NRA Life Member

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: May 26, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »
Hey is that the actor that played in Easy Rider in the 60's Peter Fonda.I would rather fight a bear than that dude.Man I am dateing myself.Kip

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2008, 12:02:00 PM »
Ah Heck he ain't that tough lookin', just work him a little and he tuckers out real quick  :rolleyes:  Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: May 26, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
Man Doc that morning had my butt draggen huh ??? I think I passed out right after that picture was taken and you guy's loaded me into the boat for the ride back to Rothman's place ? and us guy's thought Tom said it was a vacation huh ??? ...yeah right....Tell em Doc tell the gosphal..100 yards of blood trailing along Que'bec's lake shore lines is like cutting your way through 6 miles of chain link fence with a pocket knife.It is as thick as it gets.For blood trailing some guy's will be swinging a 2 1/2 foot long machatte or short handle ax maybe a bow-saw or two cutting crap out of the way to find and recover your bear....You will feel like I look in the picture Doc snapped whooooooped to say the least.But thats all part of the hunt,you gotta love it..You will never ever have as much fun working so darn hard as tracking and recovering bears with Tommy Doc and the guy's....It all just makes the whole trip worth going.It truely is a traditional archers vacation at it's finest.......bowdoc

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »
UPDATE:  I verified at the BORDER that you CAN bring BEAR SPRAY in Canada it is different than MACE !!
 The Bear Spray has to have original label and tell them you have it when you cross border.
BISON GEAR PACKS

* N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:    :campfire:   It is getting closer and the anticipation grows everytime I read a new post in this thread!!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: May 26, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »
I know what you mean Ron , after all this chatter I feel like a babe amongst men ! The bears don't worry me it's the company in camp , just kidding , I hope , can't wait been having bear dreams , Fred
Greyfox54

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: May 26, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »
Bear dreams...  Hmmmmmm. What color was she??   LOL
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: May 26, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »
Glad the boys made it back safe.  That is one long drive and they turn around to do it again in four days  :notworthy:  

I'm starting to get pumped up for another adventure North of the Border.  My forge has been running over time what with Bear Knives and Team Tippit Terminators.  Dang the arrow points are more work than the knives just trying to get matched sets...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: May 27, 2008, 03:35:00 AM »
This just in from Uncle Barry: "Here's my favorite picture of Bowdoc. You are welcome to post it if you want. I don't know how to do that stuff. Talk about a "would you trust this man?" photo. ha. He's a piece of work all right!  You gotta love the guy. BW"

The best compliments are what they say when you're NOT there!  :)

NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©