3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings  (Read 40489 times)

Offline PV

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings
« Reply #480 on: June 22, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
Doc at the office with several trainees
Notice the beverage opener on Doc's knife  :)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #481 on: June 22, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
was THE DELI an active bait this year? That was wehre I took my bear last year....very cool spot.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #482 on: June 22, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »
JC, Whip, and I got home last night around 9:30.  We were still too pumped to hit the sack til after midnight!  I just had a great time with everyone.  Tom, Eric, Roy Boy, and Allen did a superb job plus everyone pitched in with baiting, tracking, and even acting as kitchen help for Bowdoc    :scared:  

I'll get things settled here but I am proud of Team Tippit...100% success for all who dropped a string with a Tippit Terminator plus a double lunger on a steel pipe   :bigsmyl:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #483 on: June 23, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »

Offline PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #484 on: June 23, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »
Jay,Steve and I got in at 10 pm Sat. Got a few hours sleep and Steve and I headed out at 6am for a 3D shoot where he promptly showed us yankee boys that Wisconsin guys CAN shoot.Jay left for VA early and got home around 5pm on Sunday.
The bear above is the largest of the trip and not my story to tell. Hope to hear from the hunter soon.

I've been in quite a few bear camps and this one is as good as it gets.I'd like to thank all that were there for a great time and hope to see you all soon!

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #485 on: June 23, 2008, 10:32:00 AM »
I made it home around 4:30 am this morning (monday)do to bad weather but I made it..Yahooooooo,what a great time and by far the best hunt I have ever been on.I wanted to thank each and everyone of you guy's for everything.Soon as I can get this hi-speed cable and my phone working I will catch up with everyone.Hope everybody made it home safe and sound....bowdoc

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #486 on: June 23, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
Its great to hear week II was productive, guys. I can't wait to hear the stories. I think all of us would agree that Tom and the Bearquest Crew did an incredible job- all that preparation and two weeks of almost constant work and hustle. Already can't wait for next year's BearquestIII.Bowdoc, have you slept at all yet? Glad you made it home safe, we'll talk when you have recovered.                        Grant

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #487 on: June 23, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »
:campfire:    :coffee:    Waiting to hear some stories guys...
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #488 on: June 23, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »
BigRON,
 Will have some updates SOON !! Stand By.

Master-Baiter
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #489 on: June 23, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »
Hold on! I need to make a run for budlite pretzels and pop corn.I been waitin a hole week fer this.  :campfire:
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Online RRock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #490 on: June 23, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
First off, need to thank Tom P. and his crew for an OUTSTANDING experience. Need to thank Tippet (Jeff Springer) and PV (Paul Van Vaerenewyck) for their generous offerings of the knife and bow. I could not ask for a better group of guys to share a camp with, I believe each and everyone had a genuine interest on the other guys experience in the stand that evening, they shared your happiness and otherwise. It was an honor to have met you all and maybe we can share a camp together again. Tried to describe Bowdoc to my wife and realized there is no explaination, you just have to experience the dude.  Again, thanks all.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #491 on: June 23, 2008, 02:16:00 PM »
Well Big Ron the first story I would like to post is.I had the new TB magizine waiting when I got home and some great info as always.Kind of funny too how in Que'bec on live game the single bevel broadhead did not I repete did not work any better or any worse then any other broadhead.The bottom line is shot placement...There is no magic bullet or arrow if you will.Pratice pratice pratice.The tests scores are in and shot placement wins again.Sorry Doc but I for one ai'nt buying into it........bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #492 on: June 23, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »
Fred sorry to say old 3 leggs is no more.I will let the bowman whom did the deed tell his story.....Needless to say also old 3 leggs won the door prizes and cash too.He was a slammer as you mentioned.......bowdoc

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #493 on: June 23, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »
LOL... Don,  I know Exactly what your talking about.  :bigsmyl:    Hoping we can share a camp again soon! Glad you guys made it home safely.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #494 on: June 23, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »
Matt, I tried to describe Bowdoc to my wife last night too and like you couldn't come up with a way to come close to helping her understand.  Like you said - you just have to experience him, and I sure hope to get another chance!  Whoooeeee!!

Catching up at work, chores, and the wife.  Have to download pics, etc, but I will be back as soon as I can.  Hope some others can fill in the blanks in the meantime.  

Right up front though I need to thank again Tom, Eric, Allen, Lloyd, and Bowdoc for making this the best bear camp I've ever had the pleasure of being in.  Outstanding!!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #495 on: June 23, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »
Three legs is dead? and your sorry? I bet Fred isn't.  :D

Whip, you fell for the plunger joke didn't you!   :biglaugh:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #496 on: June 23, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »
You boy's are way to kind to me,and if your wife's ever what to experience meeting me in person.Please keep me posted the next time your out of town.That was the crem del la crem of hunting.From stoneheads and self bows to carbon with foam core what ya ma call it's.Thomas's home made bow worked super good and was one of the best I,ve seen is some years..The oldest and the newest....Ya gotta love it..Whats really weird is they all worked just fine too...I also would like to personaly thank everyone for helping out with bear dressing draging dishes cooking and keeping things to run smooth.You guy's are the best of the best and should all give yourself a big pat on the back...Thank you all....bowdoc

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #497 on: June 23, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »
Thanks to you Bowdoc for taking care of us and for those late evening meals when we were so hungry we would eat anything.   :D
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #498 on: June 23, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »
Bowdoc,

I don't mean to disagree with you but.....don't you agree that my bear would have died much deader if I'd had them little feathers and turbulators on the shafts???
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Miss Kim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #499 on: June 23, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »
JC will post on here tomorrow...he hopes! We are having a family day...been out to lunch and to the movies. Now on to Connor's All-Star game tonight. We pray he wins so we don't have to do a double header!  :rolleyes:  

I have heard many a story and it sounds to me like a great time was had by all. Glad to hear that everyone is home safe and sound....I think everyone is back....Is that correct?

Bowdoc, JC speaks highly of you and after hearing the stories and seeing the pictures, I can just imagine what a hoot you are to be around. One giant party with constant entertainment!  :wavey:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©