3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings  (Read 40480 times)

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings
« Reply #520 on: June 23, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »
Tom you may have a new bearquest but I doubt it will be any better . Great job you guys did . Many thanks , now WHO SHOT MY BEAR ?!?! I am still having dreams about 3 footed bears . Maybe now I can get some sleep .
Greyfox54

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #521 on: June 23, 2008, 10:08:00 PM »
Matt was one Happy Hunter with Stubby  :thumbsup:  Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #522 on: June 23, 2008, 10:12:00 PM »
Grayfox, I don't think Stubby was your 3 footed bear as there were no other holes in him.  But there was another 3 footed one that got way in the second group too!  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #523 on: June 23, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »
Maybe the're related ? Now I can go back to having bear dreams ,  until next time .... Tippit do you know what stand the 3 footed bear was seen at ? I shot at mine in the Moosepath stand .
Greyfox54

Online RRock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #524 on: June 23, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »
Thanks Doc! By the way, CJ, my Irish setter was pretty darn impressed with your knife. I had to finally put it away, I was afraid he cut his nose. At first, I thought he might be smelling a little bear, after all it did help skin out a couple, but, CJ has never smelled a bear before so he "must" be impressed by the craftsmanship and outstanding design, a dog with good taste!!! And I like it a bunch too. Thanks again.

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #525 on: June 23, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
OH NO!Fred will forever dream of the 3 footed bear.Are you sure there wasn't any wounds.It was the same bait site wasn't it?   :confused:
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Online RRock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #526 on: June 23, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
Stubby came from the Black label bait.

Offline BlkDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #527 on: June 24, 2008, 12:13:00 AM »
I do believe a 3 footed bear was seen on the moose path during week two, but managed to get away.  

Here is a better look at Matt and Stubby.  Look at that pumpkin head!  I love this pic as it looks like Matt is gazing off, replaying that evening in his mind. Congratulations again Matt.  I am sure that will be a beautiful mount of the old boy.

Jeff, That was a special moment and I was very happy to share it with such a fine bunch of guys.  My first bear!  Tom, Jeff, and Don..thanks for the fine tracking job and playing a part in the memory.  Thank you for the photo as well!  

Guys there are still bears the size of Matt's running around up there.  I have very clear memories of one that is at least that size, and he has two 2-3" white bullseyes on his chest.

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #528 on: June 24, 2008, 04:58:00 AM »
ok, that's 3 off the black label. What other stands produced for week 2? I'm real interested to see if anyone took another of the grouper. Way to go boys!
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #529 on: June 24, 2008, 07:12:00 AM »
I want to thank Tom and the crew for all the hard work.  That is a lot of work and is greatly appreciated.  It was great to see how well everyone in camp got along.  That may be the best camp I've been in.

And Bowdoc it was a pleasure.  It is nice to see there is still some sanity in the world. HAHA.

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #530 on: June 24, 2008, 07:12:00 AM »
My week started off on Thursday before heading North.  In the process of getting last minutes chores done with replacing horse fencing, I scratched my cornea on a branch...couldn't even open my left eye.  Too late to get a doctor's appointment, so my associate veterinarians checked it out, got some ophthalmic antibiotics, and a cool homemade patch!  I think they were more worried about treating the Boss that seeing any attack dogs  :scared:

Friday arrived and Old One Eye picked up JC & Whip at at Logan airport then Paul V brought Jay & Steve to my house for the long waiting period before heading out at night.  Everyone got to know each other and we shot a bunch of bows...I had a couple extras in case any one's bow got lost in transit  :)   Molly fixed some Bar-B-Q ribs so we could start on a full stomach.  Then Ken called from the group in Western Mass, we had decided to meet up with them around midnight on the road but everyone was so pumped to get going that we started early.  As it turned out we got to La Tuque around 5:30 am instead of the prearranged time to meet the 1st group at 10:30 am!  I'm really thankful to JC & Whip who drove my car all night as I couldn't see at all with the head light glare...at least that's what I told them  :thumbsup:   The stories from the 1st group really woke everyone up and we finally rolled into camp to get started.

The only downside to the beginning was because of my vision, I decided at the last minute Not to bring Tilly (my tracking wire haired Daschund)...that proved to be a mistake as bears are very hard to pick up a blood trail    :(   Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #531 on: June 24, 2008, 08:23:00 AM »
After the long overnight drive we arrived in La Tuque and slept in the car in front of the sport shop waiting for group one to arrive for the rendezvous.  

Although it was short, it was still great to be able to meet up the guys from group one as bears were registered and stories exchanged. It was great to see old friends and to meet others who we may have only known online previously.  The excitement level between both groups was through the roof!

PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #532 on: June 24, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
:campfire:    :archer:    :clapper:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #533 on: June 24, 2008, 09:34:00 AM »
Fred,
 Ole 3 toes has 9 lifes !! I hope you decide to continue your pursuit for him at Bear Quest III.
 I have your Screaming Eagle stand keep me posted if you are going to Denton or a friend whom I can give it to.
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #534 on: June 24, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »
This is getting better.I must admitt personaly the best hunt I have ever been on...You will never find a better group to spend a week with then the tradgang members...I think everyone had the time of thier life and enjoyed it all.As soon as the swelling goes down in my right eye I would like to post a little more but wearing my wife's glass this morning my vision is a bit blurey still.....Nope Big Ron and Hillboy...Tommy did not punch me in the eye...it was those Canadian juju bugs.........Besides I can still shoot lefthanded.............bowdoc

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #535 on: June 24, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
Great stories and pics fellows...  :thumbsup:
Lon Scott

Online RRock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #536 on: June 24, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
Jay, thanks for the great picture. I'm sure the emotions where a mixture of happiness tempered with a dose of thankfullness and a touch of sadness. I'm sure we all know the feeling. Now, Jay, you need to tell about the tree, you know the one that was doing a little dance right beside you? That made me skeered and I'm fearless! and I wasn't even there.

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #537 on: June 24, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
Stubby came in on the black label!  :notworthy:  Glad somebody nailed him
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #538 on: June 24, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
Matt

I have a bunch of pic's that I burned to disc for you.  I'll mail it out tonight.

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #539 on: June 24, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »
Don't let Jeff complain to much about his eye.  He didn't have too much trouble getting his arrow to fly true.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©