3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings  (Read 40479 times)

Offline droptine59

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings
« Reply #540 on: June 24, 2008, 12:04:00 PM »
After reading thisstart to finish, I gotta get in on this next year. Wow.  :D

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #541 on: June 24, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
More stories from week II-more!  :D  This is such a great group from both weeks! I can see a "Quebec Quest Rendezvous" event in the future-we'll take over the whole camp!   :campfire:
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #542 on: June 24, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »
Good to hear everyone had a great time and got home safe.

Congrats Matt, Stubby is a fine looking bear. No wonder mine was so jumpy when he was eating donuts at the "Black Label".
Untested ideas are not facts.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #543 on: June 24, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »
Holy balls,I need a vacation after getting back from vacation.Got my bear hide almost fleshed out as well as the hide from last years bear quest I got done this AM too.Lots of work but I love it and would have it no other way,start to finish.I'am going for tand leather.And then I'am gonna make some items for the grandkids from the leather.Besides one of my hides already looks like leather.I changed Big Ron Hunts Alot's name to Big Ron likes to break bear legs alot.We used him as the un-articulater..Thats the dude that breaks the bears legs while in the skinning shed...Trust me he's darn good at it.He and Mike schooled us all in some good old down home wild turkey cooking too and maybe some wild turkey sipping as well.It was truely great to see everyone grab a knife saw meat bags or whatever and pitch in when needed,from skining to baiting everybody joined in the fun.Ric and Brent suppied the kitchen with some fresh walleye for chow one night after tagging a couple of super nice bears.It was the best I've eaten.Thanks guy's...bowdoc

Online RRock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #544 on: June 24, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
JUJU bugs my foot. Bowdoc was doing the moonwalk for a stewardess up in that plane and got nailed by the pilot. Yea, thats right Moonwalking and got nailed by the pilot, that sounds about right.

Nate, Thanks for burning that disc with photos, I'm looking forward to'em. Anyone who can spend upwards of 35 hours in a car with me has to be Okay.

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #545 on: June 24, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »
I'll second the note on the hats, Curveman. I wore mine around the house Sunday evening just to revisit the vibe that came with all those signatures-this was a five star production from top to bottom. Now about those stories....GY

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #546 on: June 24, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
I did'nt hunt the first night we got to camp as we needed to get a few more things done.But I was selected to hunt the bowl stand the second night and may have been fidgeting a bit in the tree as the newness of being on bear quest 2 was makeing me a little excited.I had two bears come near but they would not come to the bait station.It was really neat just to see a couple bears the first night out.But the second night out proved to bring a bit more excitement then the old bowdoc was ready for.My first hit on the bait that night was a couple of fine fellows whom are empolyed by the Canidian goverment,called game wardens.And one note that should be added for sure to this thread is to bring and wear your hunting orange even while bow hunting in Canada it's the law and if you don't and get caught your on your own.The worse thing is they may take you bow and arrows to make sure you come back and pay the fine...So if you are planning on going next year remember it's the law.....Just a reminder it's not worth the trouble if you do not wear it......bowdoc

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #547 on: June 24, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »
You might be right Matt. I think he used the Moonwalk on COs that snuck up on him in the privacy of the bush but he may have been pushing his luck on a crowded airplane.  :biglaugh:

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #548 on: June 24, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
Hey Bowdoc, I think you should get the hide tanned with the hairs on - all four of 'em!  :p
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #549 on: June 24, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
Paul & I were definitely happy to be passing on the Bear Quest II bow & knife to such a fine gentleman as Matt...as a matter of fact we would have been happy to passed them on to anyone in either group   :bigsmyl:  Congrats again Matt for a mighty fine bear...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #550 on: June 24, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »
Whip, Bowdoc just likes a few whiskers.  Those full hair coats are just too warm & fuzzy for him  :eek:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #551 on: June 24, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »
Looks like he also gets the trophy for "Best White Beard" bw

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #552 on: June 24, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »
Hey Whip I got the 4 hairs off finally.I used my the old lady's leg shaver it worked great.I also been setting in the sun all morning cleaning meat off the skulls.I just love it,they are starting to smell like Tommy's home brewed stink baits....as for the moonwalking,I had the whole plane just rolling with laughter.Figured I was on a good run..When all of the sudden the captain comes on the intercom and says will the elderly gentman in the gray hat whom keeps moonwalking to the rest rooms please stop.I guess I better stick to the moonwalk at camp huh? I'am not sure I will survive being tossed out of the planes anymore.......bowdoc

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #553 on: June 24, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »
Bowdoc, when she finds out you used her leg shaver you'll have the other eye swelled shut.

Offline PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #554 on: June 24, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
Here's a shot of the arrow retrievers from the floating target shoot. The specks on the water are floating fletches.The boat cowboys did a fine job.

Offline PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #555 on: June 24, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
A few of the shooters

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #556 on: June 24, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
Looks and Sounds like y'all had a great time. Can not wait to start hearing some the stories from group 2.    :campfire:    :coffee:    

CS

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #557 on: June 24, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »
I want the real story of just how bowdoc talked those wardens out of that fine.  :rolleyes:  And then shoots a bear after they leave  :readit:  Something tells me there is more to this story.
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #558 on: June 24, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »
I would like to thank Tom,(always making sure everything was alright)Allen,(not a nervous bone in his body) Eric,(serious)Lloyd (not serious)and of course Don(bowdoc)(?????) for one of the most enjoyable weeks of my 58 years.Guys it was outstanding nothing missing.The rest of the crew I kinda think we might all be related somehow no other way to explain how we all hit it off.When I got back the S-hit the fan and will for the next 2-2 1/2 months at work.Now when the pressure comes I will have some as my daughter says chill pills.The view of the lake,the sound of the spring running down the mountain while trailing Kens bear,the ever present red squirrels either fighting for or protecting the sweets,or if really stressed some bowdoc memories.The pics below are the knives I spoke about the last nite.For those not there the knives were made by a man born with no arms.He has to do everything with his feet, knife making ,hunting and just living.We are very lucky sometimes and don't know it.Kip  

Offline PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #559 on: June 24, 2008, 06:21:00 PM »
Fine knife work Kip! Thanks for the pic's.What we take for granted..........

Kip treated us to some fine cajun cooking for two nights dinners and a couple of lunches also.Somehow he found time between baiting,trailing bears and hunting to serve a dozen+ hungry hunters at the end of the night.

Hope the fan blows out early Kip! It was a pleasure sharing camp with a fine southern gentleman.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©